Stand Choice For EB2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ordered my EB2 speakers last week and now I need some stands. Partington Super Dreadnought or Partington Dreadnought Broadside are my favourites. Obviously the Broadsides are more expensive so I would prefer the Super Dreadnought, but the top plate is only 155 x 180 and the speaker measures 225 x 298. Would this be ok or is it the biggies with a much bigger top plate ( and price) at 180 x 235?

decisions decisions

A

Anonymous

I have my Monitor Audio RX2 on Atacama SL600 top plate (225mmx225mm)Really good stand

A

Anonymous

That top plate size looks ideal. How do they sound ? I heard the Super dreadnaughts with some Monitor AUdio GS10 and they were realy good.

A

Anonymous

If you want to go with Partington, I can't foresee any problems with the Super Dreadnaught, which are great stands. They really help the accuracy of the speaker. Plus there is a good chance they are what was used by the What Hi-Fi team to review the EB2s (Can't confirm though).

The speaker dimensions are not too dissimilar to the base-plate, so will look in proportion. To thieve from Dylan - they won't look like a mattress balancing on a bottle of wine.

TRENDING THREADS