Squeezebox, roon & DAC32 Streamer

Softy59

Apr 19, 2021
Visit site
OK, this is the story so far https://forums.whathifi.com/threads/are-active-speakers-a-good-idea.119069/. Following this debate (about active speakers), I have decided that I am going to go ahead and buy a pair of Acoustic Energy AE1’s which are on offer from an on-line retailer to include a FREE DAC32 Streamer. This will be subject to a home trial. But the ones that I want are currently out of stock.

I am also really curious about the bundled DAC32 streamer, so i have started this new thread. it’s from a German company that I have never heard of called Polyvection and one of the user reviews on their website (freaky or what) is from somebody already using the AE1 + DAC32 combination and loves it!

They are also going to be introducing an inexpensive server product based on ‘Squeezebox’ and this really is of interest, because it means that I can store my entire digital music library as well – perfect.

Does anybody on this site have any experience with Squeezebox products? Apparently, Squeezebox products also work with roon, but I don’t think that I am going to go down that route

nads

Squeeze products are no more. They were bought out by Logitech years ago.
also Logitech have not released any Squeeze products for quite some time. Over 10 years. The Squeezebox server became Logitech media server and still runs the Squeeze products but there is reduced simply for those that are running older NAS devices.

MDM

Aug 16, 2021
Visit site
The dac32 is very good. You can run the server off lots of things. I use an ancient Windows notebook. Yes you can buy the core32 server from them but I think on back order and only just gone into production so still being tweaked. The dac32 is solid

Softy59

Apr 19, 2021
Visit site
I can second MDM's comment. I now have my DAC32 using it with AE1's and i am absolutely delighted with the performance. I am going to buy a CORE32 when its back in stock, to replace LMS running on an old Dell computer. I have also found that there is a very active 'slimdevices' community which continues to support and develop Logitech Media Server (LMS).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts