Spyder TV calibrator

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have one of these they might perhaps want to rent out?? (Im possibly creating a business opportunity here...... What Hi-FI - here's a service you could offer!!) I have looked on line (amazon etc) and this thing appears to retail for £140 ish, which seems a lot of money for something I will probably use once to set up my tv then put back in the box. Is this thing good enough to warrant £140 to start with? Will the picture end up being that much better having used it? I dont know anybody with one or any physical shops that stock them to find out!!!!

mjs

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I posted the same suggestion a couple of weeks back,why donesn`t somebody do a rent and return???
Whilst I cannot comment absolutely that this thing works,I can tell you that DataColour hold a very well respected position in the field of mathematical colour measurement.Thats me speaking as a `colour professional` ,holding a degree in colour.-Yes you can!

A

Anonymous

Thanks MJS, seeing as we share the same idea and you have the technical expertise to back it up, fancy setting up a company doing it????!!!!!

A

Anonymous

One like Sevenoaks, that has the nationwide coverage to do it.

A

Anonymous

hmmmmm

I have another question on this then, Does it matter what source components you are using to set the tv up with a spyder TV thing? i.e different settings for DVD/ SKY etc?

The reason I ask is that if its just purely on the tv and not the source components, I would be happy to buy and then donate one to What HI-FI if they would then publish the results of how to calibrate the tv when they review them (as long as i get the calibration for mine gratis LOL!!!). Lets face it, we all look to What HI-FI for advice as to what to buy, why not how to properly set it up too seeing as they get to see all of the tv's anyway?

Perhaps What HI-FI could do this as a subscription service on their web-site, im sure there would be a lot of people willing to pay a modest amount (£10?) to download the details, rather than pay £140 for something that then becomes largely redundant ten minutes later!!!!

P.S - If you go for this idea, can I have royalties please???!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts