Spotify update...

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
That's good.
I *think* we've had that for a while on iOS. (Though I could be wrong.)
But I'm not gloating because you've got something we want and upto now they haven't given: an option to clear-out or limit the size of the cache. Last time I looked in the Spot forum there was a 13-page thread about it.

Ryan92

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup, on the Mobile app, under Streaming/Synching quality. Selecting "Extreme" gives you 320kbps. The thing I am very impressed by is the new iPad app even if it did take a while in the making and the questionable dissapearance of Tablified. A third party Spotify client about 3 months ago (I think). The Spotify social side of things is also pretty good . .

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
That's good. I *think* we've had that for a while on iOS.

Correct. It was something I missed when switiching from iOS last week. The clear cache is useful, and Lord alone knows why Spotify don't put it on the iPhone.

A

Anonymous

just finished syncing my playlists. very surprised with the difference!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
I've had the beta version on Android for a few weeks, just upgraded to the latest full release. Yep, it's very nice and a much prettier layout too.

SteveR750

What if your synced tracks are all at the old 190kbs level?

If you unsync them, I'm sure I have read somewhere that they are not necessarily removed from the device memory, so resyncing a track won't initiate a new download.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
They are if you flush the cache, which is a just a button-press away for lucky Symbian and Android users.

As for fellow iOS users the complaint on the Spotify forum is now onto 15 pages, including posts from people who have cancelled their account because Spotify just simply devoured their phone.

SteveR750

MajorFubar said:
They are if you flush the cache, which is a just a button-press away for lucky Symbian and Android users.

As for fellow iOS users the complaint on the Spotify forum is now onto 15 pages, including posts from people who have cancelled their account because Spotify just simply devoured their phone.

How do do that (andoid ICS 4.0 on a galaxy s2) ?

EDIT - Seems that by simply undownloading and re-downloading does just that. I could not clear the cache (was empty anyway) nor the data as the boxes are greyed out. I suspect it is only overwriting the tracks because I have selected "exteme" quality, so gues the only way to clear your phone memory is to uninstall the app, or find a browser app that can read the phones built in usb files.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts