spotify premium

murg

May 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi all I am currently listening to spotify "free" from my laptop via a v-dac through a naim amp. Anyone out there can advise me if the sound quality is much improved by upgrading to spotify premium and if it is worth upgrading Thanks

JohnnyC

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Yes, much better (320kbps from 128) plus a greater choice of music to listen to. As far as I'm aware you're not tied into a fixed contrct, so if you're not impressed with Premium you can cancel.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I found there was a major difference when I upgraded to 'Premium'. It isn't as good as CD, but pretty good nevertheless. The biggest improvement was when I bought the V-DAC and went over from analogue. As you already have one, I think you'd find the upgrade well worthwhile.

daveh75

zwanchef:
Hi, i think spotify free streams at 160 kbps,sounds pretty good to me through my uDAC-2hp !!

I might convert to premium if i can be convinced !!

Spotify Free/Open/Unlimited all stream at 160kbps, Spotify Premium streams at 320kbps.

Like Sorreltiger, i noticed quite a big difference in SQ, when i upgraded to 'Premium', it's not CD quality, but it's not that far off either...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts