Spotify, IPad and Meridian?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I am currently using an IPad1 running Spotify Premium and connecting that via the 3.5mm Jack to the analogue RCA stereo outs on my Meridian 861V4 Processor. The lead is around 3-4m in length and was around £15 (weak link I know).

So, I am trying to think of what my options are to get the best possible sound using Spotify Premium and somehow routing it to my Meridian processor - is this my only option? Are there any other gadgets that can do this or better cabling etc? :help:

Current Setup: Meridian 861V4, Chord Electronics SPM 1900 5 channel Power Amp, Monitor Audio Platinum PL300 (L/R), PL350 (C) and Gold GXFX (rears), REL Studio iii Sub, Audience AR8 Power Conditioner and Audience AU24 cabling all round.

Any advice would be grand.

Cheers

G

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Have you got the camera connection kit? If so you can use USB to connect to an external Dac. Only trouble is the iPad refuses to work with certain Dacs from what I can gather, my rdac being one of them |(

I hate apple so much, if it hadn't cost me £250 I'd love to launch it at some wall to see how many pieces I could break it into.

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
There are a small number of docks for iPad that do digital out, which you could then take to the Meridian. Pure do one I think. Only issue is that should you ever upgrade the iPad the dock would then be redundant given the change to the Lightening connector.

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just had a look at them and nearly fell off my chair. Cheapest is £90, all because apple want to be arses and not put a USB. :wall:

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Something like this ?

http://www.qed.co.uk/wireless-bluetooth/qed-uplay/qed-uplay-plus-wireless-bluetooth-receiver.htm

im still not sure when it comes to AirPlay. If/when apple bring out airplay direct then I might be more enthusiastic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts