spotify in ireland???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

hopefully dave. i thought the laptop would wirelessly handshake with the aex, and send the spotify data to it?

i'm currently trying to get my ip address from my internet provider, the customer care rep asked me what an ip address was
emotion-3.gif

lord give me strength
emotion-7.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:
HELP
emotion-8.gif

im using one of these for my broadband

meteor-e180_.jpg

it's not a router it just supplies broadband to my laptop..

somebody please tell me i dont need a wireless router for airport express to work?
emotion-3.gif

And I thought that this forum was only populated by IT-boffin-type weird beards.
emotion-4.gif

It's comforting that someone else is having the same grief that I had when trying/still trying to master this wireless/computer-based music malarkey.
emotion-7.gif

daveh75

maxflinn:i'm currently trying to get my ip address from my internet provider, the customer care rep asked me what an ip address was
emotion-3.gif
Eh
emotion-18.gif
. What your external IP address? Not really sure how thats gonna help...

A

Anonymous

i got my ip address, now i need to find my dns server? where's the_lhc when i need him?
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:maxflinn:
HELP
emotion-8.gif

im using one of these for my broadband

meteor-e180_.jpg

it's not a router it just supplies broadband to my laptop..

somebody please tell me i dont need a wireless router for airport express to work?
emotion-3.gif

And I thought that this forum was only populated by IT-boffin-type weird beards.
emotion-4.gif

It's comforting that someone else is having the same grief that I had when trying/still trying to master this wireless/computer-based music malarkey.
emotion-7.gif

it's so frustrating 6th, i mean how can somebody deemed qualified to work as a tech support person not know what an ip address is?

i think i may aswell go for a job there myself, i'd pick it up in no time and would have more sense than the so called experts
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

ok, after about 45m of updating, and after inserting my ip address i finally have a constant green light on the aex, but my internet connection bar, while showin a full signal is saying " garretts network,no internet access"any ideas as to what to do next?
emotion-8.gif

PERLEASSSSSSSE
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

guys, any ideas? i've bought my airfoil licence, i have a constant green light on the airport express, i think i'm nearly good to go, but when i play a track on spotify i get nothing through my hifi
emotion-9.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Just a wee note to let you know that your request's not being ignored...

"Sorry, but I am not undestanding the problemo yourself is having at this time today right now, uh-huh. Normally, by requesting you to facilitate the action of pressing 'command'/'shift'/'backspace'/'delete'/'F6'/'#'/'control' would connect your desktop computer to your wireless networkers, uh-huh. I will connect you to my one supervisors, in one moment please, uh-huh. Right now, you have a good day, and thank you for calling D*** Computers Inc, uh-huh. I'm passing you to my supervisor, now, uh-huh." [At which point, the line goes dead...]
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:Just a wee note to let you know that your request's not being ignored...

"Sorry, but I am not undestanding the problemo yourself is having at this time today right now, uh-huh. Normally, by requesting you to facilitate the action of pressing 'command'/'shift'/'backspace'/'delete'/'F6'/'#'/'control' would connect your desktop computer to your wireless networkers, uh-huh. I will connect you to my one supervisors, in one moment please, uh-huh. Right now, you have a good day, and thank you for calling D*** Computers Inc, uh-huh. I'm passing you to my supervisor, now, uh-huh." [At which point, the line goes dead...]
emotion-7.gif
thanks for trying 6th
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:Translation: "I've done it, it's great, and I'd overlooked a setting that was... very obvious."??

yes, yes and
emotion-10.gif

i had a very late night last night
emotion-16.gif
, and was running about all morning trying to buy stuff, and the traffic was mental, and i tried to set up stuff i didn't need
emotion-1.gif

everythings cool now though
emotion-11.gif

answers to others future airport express problems will be forthcoming, i done everything bar rewrite the programme
emotion-4.gif

daveh75

maxflinn:

6th.replicant:Translation: "I've done it, it's great, and I'd overlooked a setting that was... very obvious."??

yes, yes and
emotion-10.gif

emotion-16.gif
, and was running about all morning trying to buy stuff, and the traffic was mental, and i tried to set up stuff i didn't need
emotion-1.gif

emotion-11.gif

answers to others future airport express problems will be forthcoming, i done everything bar rewrite the programme
emotion-4.gif

Is that a roundabout way of saying you haven't got a clue how you sorted it?
emotion-4.gif

Still at least it's working now...

A

Anonymous

the sound is not cd quality, but it's not bad, does spotify premium give better quality 6th? and did you notice much of an improvement when adding your dac to the mix?

A

Anonymous

daveh75:

maxflinn:

yes, yes and
emotion-10.gif

emotion-16.gif
emotion-1.gif

emotion-11.gif

emotion-4.gif

Is that a roundabout way of saying you haven't got a clue how you sorted it?
emotion-4.gif

Still at least it's working now...

i got too caught up with ip addresses and dns servers, i didn't even need to bother with those as the aex isn't part of a home network as such, basically, i got too techie for my own good
emotion-1.gif

it's a great thing to have though, now i can check out a few of the tunes the rest of you lot keep listening to, i'm gonna try some nora jones in a mo, never heard her before
emotion-21.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:the sound is not cd quality, but it's not bad, does spotify premium give better quality 6th? and did you notice much of an improvement when adding your dac to the mix?

Yes, Premium is 320kbps - and no annoying ads.
emotion-19.gif

TBH, I didn't try without a DAC, but my brother feeds his iPhone/Spotify into his amp without a DAC and having heard the result, er, umm, let's just say I'm very grateful that I have a DAC in the mix.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

cheers 6th, i tried upgrading but it wouldn't accept my irish based credit card, the card must have been issued in one of the countries on spotifys list, so i may be stuck with the poverty spec version
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:Does Spotify accept PayPal?

I had similar hassle when trying to use my card at a US-based music download site - HDtracks.com - but when I used PayPal, all was OK.
emotion-5.gif

PS Happy Christmas, mate
emotion-19.gif

i was kinda hoping you would say that
emotion-5.gif
, ill give it a shot after xmas when the banks are open...

and a very merry xmas to you and yours too
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

daveh75:You can pay by Pay Pal. You can also buy Spotify gift vouchers, so you may be able to buy yourself a gift voucher using your irish card...
cheers dave, and thanks for all your help over the last year, have a great xmas
emotion-21.gif

hasty edit. and thanks to everybody else that gave me advice too, merry xmas all
emotion-19.gif

daveh75

maxflinn:
daveh75:You can pay by Pay Pal. You can also buy Spotify gift vouchers, so you may be able to buy yourself a gift voucher using your irish card...
cheers dave, and thanks for all your help over the last year, have a great xmas
emotion-21.gif
You're welcome...And you too.

A

Anonymous

i was wondering what was going on with a timer on spotify that was rather ominously ticking down from 24hr, yep, spotify open is apparently only temporary
emotion-9.gif
, and i might not be able to upgrade to premium
emotion-3.gif
, what am i going to do? i can't live without it now
emotion-50.gif
, ive bought airport expresses and everything
emotion-8.gif

daveh75

Looking at the Spotify site, you can use Spotify Open in any country for 14 days ( i assume it's detected you're in Ireland and is counting down)

The only way around it, i can think of, is to get someone in the UK to set-up an account for you,and either buy a Spotify gift voucher or pay by pay pal ( Spotify Premium can be used anywhere in the world with no time limits, once set-up)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts