• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Spotify Connect - do I need premium subscription?

LL-

Feb 2, 2021
I've just entered in streaming world, buying an AV player supporting internet radios and Spotify Connect. I've connected it to my 15 years old Sony home cinema receiver via coax audio cable. Started listening Spotify, on the AV player in Spotify app there is only LOW-Medium-High setting for quality. I'm using my mobile/desktop computer to select music on player. During last 2 days I've 2 times ad from Spotify (itself). The qulity seems to be OK as of now. My question > Do I need premium subscription for Spotify? Thanks

LL-

Feb 2, 2021
If I’m correct you don’t need premium anymore for Connect, even sans Airplay.

EDIT: I am correct🙂
Thanks, thats why I've asked. I do not get ads, the bitrate is 320kbps, I do not want downloads, as is connected to home audio.

Jessieewman

Apr 16, 2021
I've just entered in streaming world, buying an AV player supporting internet radios and Spotify Connect. I've connected it to my 15 years old Sony home cinema receiver via coax audio cable. Started listening Spotify Apk, on the AV player in Spotify app there is only LOW-Medium-High setting for quality. I'm using my mobile/desktop computer to select music on player. During last 2 days I've 2 times ad from Spotify (itself). The qulity seems to be OK as of now. My question > Do I need premium subscription for Spotify? Thanks
I think you should use the premium feature because you can download the songs you like and the music quality is good too.

Last edited:
Reactions: DCarmi

iMark

May 16, 2008
Another benefit of Spotify Premium? You can upgrade to Premium Duo or Premium Family.

Every member of either plan basically gets their own Premium account. Very useful if people want to listen to different content in different rooms of the house or when out and about.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS