Spotify £15 for 6

jjbomber said:
Spotify Premium account holders can now add an additional 5 family members for an extra £5, so you can have 6 family members for £15 a month. I'm surprised WhatHiFi haven't mentioned it (NOT).

Presume that's on top of your initial £20 per month. Don't use Spotify but why would you need six different accounts..... ?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Al ears said:
jjbomber said:
Spotify Premium account holders can now add an additional 5 family members for an extra £5, so you can have 6 family members for £15 a month. I'm surprised WhatHiFi haven't mentioned it (NOT).

Presume that's on top of your initial £20 per month. Don't use Spotify but why would you need six different accounts..... ?

No I think its £10 pm plus £5 for upto 6 members.

jjbomber

Al ears said:
jjbomber said:

Er, 6 family members. No big words there, so you should understand. And I have no idea where you get the initial £20 a month from. Maybe Tidal?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Too little too late for me, they lost me as a customer when they were offering nothing like it a year ago and apparently had no plans to do so when I emailed and asked (I should probably be greatful they answered). So it was a case of bye bye shitify and hello Apple Music.

daveh75

jjbomber said:

That just brings them up to par with Google Play Music and Apple Music.

jjbomber said:
Al ears said:
jjbomber said:

Er, 6 family members. No big words there, so you should understand. And I have no idea where you get the initial £20 a month from. Maybe Tidal?

Typo. Should read £10. Cannot everyone not just use the one account? Don't know how it works just asking so don't treat me like an idiot, it do become you.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
Cannot everyone not just use the one account? Don't know how it works just asking so don't treat me like an idiot, it do become you.

No, for a start only one person could listen at once (ie you can't use the same account on multiple devices simultaneously) and you'd all have to share the same playlists and favourites.

jjbomber

Al ears said:
Cannot everyone not just use the one account?

Different family members will have different playlists etc. So they have an account each but just one membership fee. Hope that explains it.

The move is a sort of retaliation, as Cr-Apple music copied the Spotify student discount earlier in the month. So while it's all a bit childish, it remains good news for the consumer.

I got this offer a few days ago.I already had the family account with my daughter on it and now I can add another four members of the same house hold for the same money.And yes it's basically a master account with five sub accounts where everyone can have their own playlists and all listen at once on their own devices,a great offer,all be it a tad late as my other lass has her own apple music account and doesn't really care to change,although I haven't yet her told her it'd be free.lol.

MajorFubar said:
Al ears said:
Cannot everyone not just use the one account? Don't know how it works just asking so don't treat me like an idiot, it do become you.

No, for a start only one person could listen at once (ie you can't use the same account on multiple devices simultaneously) and you'd all have to share the same playlists and favourites.

Thanks major, that's what I was trying to acertain. I need educating in these matters as know little but can see the way things are going.

jjbomber said:
Al ears said:
Cannot everyone not just use the one account?

Different family members will have different playlists etc. So they have an account each but just one membership fee. Hope that explains it.

The move is a sort of retaliation, as Cr-Apple music copied the Spotify student discount earlier in the month. So while it's all a bit childish, it remains good news for the consumer.

My thanks. I am, I must admit, rather ignorant in these matters but keen to learn as I can see this is the future, as well as the now for many.

TRENDING THREADS