Spitfire 2 DAC - underwhelmed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SteveR750

Remember a DAC is not the critical part of converting a digital file into an analogue signal. I agree with Iggle - its easy to lose sight of the importance of your analogue side, i.e. amp and speakers. I'm sure that on average a 50% increase in investment in speakers yields far more obvious changes than a 50% increase in a DAC. A good DAC is still relatively cheap, probably about 20% - 25% of the equivalent cost of speakers and maybe slightly more for amps.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750:Remember a DAC is not the critical part of converting a digital file into an analogue signal.

Erm, technically it's the ONLY part, so how is it not critical? Nothing else will convert a digital signal to an analogue one, the clue's kind of in the name...

SteveR750

the_lhc:SteveR750:Remember a DAC is not the critical part of converting a digital file into an analogue signal.Erm, technically it's the ONLY part, so how is it not critical? Nothing else will convert a digital signal to an analogue one, the clue's kind of in the name...

No I said file. You have to read the file and then convert it. You cant insert a CD into a dacmagic as far as I can see.....

TRENDING THREADS