spindle size holes are to small help

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
just bought a copy of masterplan by oasis, and the first lp i had to press a little to get on played it through and when i tried to flip it over it had become almost impossible to get off so tight. in the end i needed the mrs to hold the platter down and i carefully pulled it off. Im sure i have not wraped the record or anything but its still to tight to use again and the 2nd lp is the same what the best ways to slighty increase the sixe of the hole

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Bad luck, mate.

I'm sure someone will come on with a more sophisticated solution, but here's mine:

Superglue some sanding paper (a medium coarse wet and dry ) around the tip end of a pen, then put the pen in the hole and slowly turn it. Easy, eh?

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Find/buy a 1/4" drill bit and carefully by hand use it to enlarge the hole to it's correct size. If you happen to know a friendly engineer a 1/4" reamer would be even better.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Erm , no it wouldnt matey because 1/4 inch is .250" and a TT spindle should be .281 " * which is 9/32 in old money.

Edit. * plus or minus .001" before some smart bottom goes googleing.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
cause i could not wait i got a bic pen and slowly stated spinning it in the hole its worked and sounds get but i would not be posting my methods for anyone to copy.

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
floyd droid said:
Erm , no it wouldnt matey because 1/4 inch is .250" and a TT spindle should be .281 " * which is 9/32 in old money.

Edit. * plus or minus .001" before some smart bottom goes googleing.
Some of us oldies new that.

Well then, I stand corrected. And charmed that you don't realise I'm also an oldie!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
Some of us oldies new that.

Ah and here was i thinking that the albums you post in now playing wiz yer dads
smiley-wink.gif

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Heaven help us if we were invaded again. Can't you figure these things out for yourself? It's not rocket science, just making a plastic hole slightly bigger.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
gpi said:
Heaven help us if we were invaded again. Can't you figure these things out for yourself? It's not rocket science, just making a plastic hole slightly bigger.

Ah but an invasion could have its benefits for peeps who cant work out how to make a hole bigger. Just hold the offending album up above yer nut and yell 'Hey Mr Sniper, whack a bullet through this please'.

Sad innit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts