Speed Variability SonyPSHX500

Hoddsr

Feb 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I have the above turntable as a second turntable to capture digitised vinyl. Trouble is, I have noticed that it varies speed; I have changed the belt and checked the levelling and set-up and all is good - the turntable is perfectly level. I have also altered where it's plugged in to see if power variations were the cause -no changes. Has anyone else experienced the problem, and if so, any ideas to fix ? Cheers

Have never seen one but eliminate items one by one might help. If the belt has been replaced are the surfaces it contacts clean or greasy?
Could the rubber mat be slipping on the platter?
Could the LP be slipping on the mat itself? (I notice it doesn't have a clamp or weight)
Remove belt from pulley and grasp it between your fingers while it is spinning, is the pulley loose on the spindle?
If neither of the above it would suggest your speed controller at the switch is faulty or the motor itself
Do you have any speed variation issues with the Rega? If not you can rule out voltage fluctuation.

Reactions: Gray

daytona600

Not exactly helpful and could be considered an attack on a forum member. Please try to post useful information, I know you can.
Sorry for the comments
But as you have a rega 3 plug it into one of these to digitise your records
Vinyl rips will sound much better with the Rega as a source
you can plug in both decks at the same time & compare the results
& a analogue input if you need to archive Vhs tapes , cassettes etc

Orther unit can remove all sort of noises from damaged records

Last edited:

Kamran90

Feb 8, 2020
Visit site
Surprising, that Sony HX500 is attacked, Hat Hi-Fi article on the same equipment recommends it as a high quality sound product. I honestly was looking into purchasing one, as the first turntable.

Surprising, that Sony HX500 is attacked, Hat Hi-Fi article on the same equipment recommends it as a high quality sound product. I honestly was looking into purchasing one, as the first turntable.
Some people have their own opinion of certain devices, whether or not they have actually owned or heard it. As ever I would say audition whatever you can and consider whether a device does everything you need and bear in mind the possibility of upgrading it.
The HX500, and others like it, are clearly designed for those that want to rip vinyl to, generally, poor quality digital formats. If this is what you need it for I am sure it will suffice. If, however, you primarily want a deck to play vinyl your money would be better spent elsewhere, in my humble opinion.

Reactions: Kamran90 and Nico69

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts