Speculation and wish list: Bristol 2014

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
A little speculation on what will manufacturers reveal on the forthcoming Bristol Show.

Naim: i-series streamer or a new XS-series CD-player + DAC (in one full size box)

Rega: new asynchronous USB DAC to replace a little dated Rega DAC.

That would really be necessary, but we will probably not see any of it. Naim will completely focus on their Statement amp and Rega will showcase its RP10 and Aria.

We probably will see a new Kudos range of speakers - since for the last few months dealers all over the world are selling their stock and their demonstration pieces with heavily reduced prices.

What do you think and what do you wish for?

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
nima said:
A little speculation on what will manufacturers reveal on the forthcoming Bristol Show.

Naim: i-series streamer or a new XS-series CD-player + DAC (in one full size box)

Rega: new asynchronous USB DAC to replace a little dated Rega DAC.

That would really be necessary, but we will probably not see any of it. Naim will completely focus on their Statement amp and Rega will showcase its RP10 and Aria.

We probably will see a new Kudos range of speakers - since for the last few months dealers all over the world are selling their stock and their demonstration pieces with heavily reduced prices.

What do you think and what do you wish for?

Haven't they (manufacturers) already revealed what's to come? ProAc will show case new speaker, Arcam some new amp and Naim the HorsePower. :shame: :hand:

jjbomber

These are just rumours, so not sure how many will be there.

Naim are going to demostrate their new CD player that actually works. In what as seen as a departure from the norm, visitors are advised to bring along their own CD-r discs to listen to. Or not.

What Hi-Fi are dedicating a whole room to Samsung smartphones and tablets that they have given a fair review to. When we say room, we actually mean broom cupboard, though they may move this to a shoebox, depending on numbers.

Cyrus will be showing off their new range of all in one printers, including the new 3D Lyric. When you select CD as a source, it prints out a CD6SE, when you select internet, it prints out a Streamline. Expect these units to cause a paper shortage.

AVI will be demonstrating their bookshelf speakers in Birmingham at the N.I.A. but assure visitors that they will be still be able to hear them in Bristol at the Marriott. Reverand Ashley declared 'It's a miracle'.

As I say, these are only rumours, mainly started by me.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
:)
jjbomber said:

Naim are going to demostrate their new CD player that actually works. In what as seen as a departure from the norm, visitors are advised to bring along their own CD-r discs to listen to. Or not.

What Hi-Fi are dedicating a whole room to Samsung smartphones and tablets that they have given a fair review to. When we say room, we actually mean broom cupboard, though they may move this to a shoebox, depending on numbers.

Cyrus will be showing off their new range of all in one printers, including the new 3D Lyric. When you select CD as a source, it prints out a CD6SE, when you select internet, it prints out a Streamline. Expect these units to cause a paper shortage.

AVI will be demonstrating their bookshelf speakers in Birmingham at the N.I.A. but assure visitors that they will be still be able to hear them in Bristol at the Marriott. Reverand Ashley declared 'It's a miracle'.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
:)
jjbomber said:

+2, you ought to have a regular column i WHF!

sheggs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Naim will be doing statement demos all weekend also. Looking forward to the feedback on a $200,000 system. I'm getting to see it in a few weeks I imagine it playing music in 3d lol but it will be interesting to see what people think

jjbomber

Report from Day 1, live from Bristol-ish.

The event got off to a great start with massive queues forming outside. Once they got inside though, there was great disappointment. Apparently the ''£320 off at the bar'' advertised was for the Yamaha YSP2200 Soundbar and not the Pig & Whistle. One angry visitor complained 'with £320 off at Marriott prices, I could have bought an extra 3 drinks.' We assume he meant soft drinks.

There was great confusion in the WhatHiFi ranks when they checked in to their hotel room. Alongside the complimentary bottles of water was a banana skin, a squashed peach and a mildew orange. Apparently the cleaner had heard a rumour that the magazine is heavily biased towards the ''rotten fruit''. The cleaner, Mrs S G Note III, was duly replaced by Mr X Peria. He had heard a slightly different rumour. When the WhatHiFi team returned, they were greated by a bowl of Granny Smiths, together with brown envelopes stuffed with cash. I wonder what the rumour is.

Naim joined in the spirit of the event by offering a massive £10 off the cost of the Statement, bringing it down to a mere £129,980. There was great excitement when a Middle Eastern oil baron turned up and joined the queue, swelling the crowd to, er, one. However, things did not go well as he thought it was the queue for the toilet.

Over to B&W where a capacity crowd were eagerly waiting to hear the 685s in action. In a piece of bad timing, the B&Ws were turned on at exactly the same moment as AVI turned on their bookshelf speakers at Birmingham N.I.A., drowning out the B&Ws totally. A spokeman for AVI, Reverand Ashley, prayed for forgiveness, saying they should never have turned their speakers up to 2. They have asked all their customers south of Manchester not to play their speakers until the show is over to give the Bristol show a chance. Fortunately, both of their customers agreed.

Some sad news, Big Boss arrived early in Bristol, only to discover he had left his 4G super smartphone at home on the charger. In totally unrelated news, WhatHiFi reported that forum traffic was down by 500 replies today. This is purely a coincidence.

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
From the Naim Forum thread, posted 1 hour ago:

http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/bristol-hifi-show-2014-go-or-not-to-go?page=3

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts