Speakers vs. Headphones?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
MeanandGreen said:
Well guys we all know who is in the wrong and who was the insulting party here, but for whatever reason we can't make him see it, or admit to it or apologise for it.

Best just leave it be it is not worth it. The evidence is there for all to see.

think you are right. At least we all now know why Dale has such a thing for headphones - it saves him having to put his fingers in his ears all the time when he shouting lalalala I'm not listening to you I'm right lalala ;) :)

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
MeanandGreen said:
Well guys we all know who is in the wrong and who was the insulting party here, but for whatever reason we can't make him see it, or admit to it or apologise for it.

think you are right. At least we all now know why Dale has such a thing for headphones - it saves him having to put his fingers in his ears all the time when he shouting lalalala I'm not listening to you I'm right lalala ;) :)

Dale thinks you should purchase a new troll playbook, since your current scripts are just repeating the same old "stuff".

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
dalethorn said:
Actually, in case you can't see very well, go back and read. The long rants are being posted by the other guy - the troll. I only answer posts like yours to remind you how pathetic it is for you and the other guy to be continuing your rants here. Now go get a life.

thank you for answering my question. Ie everybody else is wrong and you are right. At least we can all now see the level of your hubris and arrogance. thank you.

Dale thinks you should purchase a new troll playbook, since your current scripts are just repeating the same old "stuff".

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
MeanandGreen said:

Add'l note: If you were merely trolling, which is a sign of severe dumbness, that's one thing. But making it obvious that you're a liar - well, I'm glad I don't have to work that beat.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
MajorFubar said:
masterblaster said:
if you get your room acoustics right it's also possible to perceive a huge 3D soundspace and hear all details with loudspeakers. In many situations details are lost because of the far from neutral acoustics.

I don't doubt that, but sadly the acoustics of most people's living rooms don't even nearly approximate ideal, and in fact it's getting progressively worse with the increase in popularity of bare painted walls in place of lining paper and wallpaper, and laminate floors in place of thick carpets and rugs. Then they'll join here and post some opening welcome thread along the lines of "My new £2,500 HiFi sounds **** and nothing like it did in the dealer's do you think I should spend £500 on speaker wire", no son try carpeting and wallpapering your bloody room so it doesn't have the same acoustics as an old recording studio's reverb chamber

And then Cno will reply how all listening is subjective and it's best to be open minded about trying new solutions, especially if they are sold by Linn. So best to buy the $500 wire and hear for yourself if it improves things or not. And then lindsayt will reply how wire ruins the signal in the signal path so it's best to whistle and yodel round the house. And then I'll have to go to the pharmacy to get more headache pills, but not before I post a facetious comment with an obnoxious meme first.

LOL. F'ing brilliant!

That's that best summing up of a HiFi forum that anyone has done in the history of summing up HiFi forums.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Considering the amount of direct insults, abuse, disrespect and tantrums I witnessed thrown at the WHF staff from forum members, I honestly understand why they don't want to spend any time here. Minor issues with the website functionality trigger huge public outbursts of rage and criticism. I've never seen this on any other forum.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Considering the amount of direct insults, abuse, disrespect and tantrums I witnessed thrown at the WHF staff from forum members, I honestly understand why they don't want to spend any time here. Minor issues with the website functionality trigger huge public outbursts of rage and criticism. I've never seen this on any other forum.

Yeah, those responses were over the top. However, even that is partially due to very weak moderation in recent years. The old mods never would have put up with that. If you abused the mods, you'd be suspended. Plus the site never would have been allowed to be in a bad state for that long.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Ajani said:
Vladimir said:

Yeah, those responses were over the top. However, even that is partially due to very weak moderation in recent years. The old mods never would have put up with that. If you abused the mods, you'd be suspended. Plus the site never would have been allowed to be in a bad state for that long.

When I joined the moderation was fine and the staff mingled with us. After the site redesign and all the general hysteria the staff slowly vanished. At least that's how I remember it.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Ajani said:
Vladimir said:

When I joined the moderation was fine and the staff mingled with us. After the site redesign and all the general hysteria the staff slowly vanished. At least that's how I remember it.

Was Andrew Everard still the main mod when you joined?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts