Speakers to run off Yamaha RXV673 AV receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I'm currently looking to replace my old Bose 321 system with something a bit more modern and I've found myself in a bit of a dilemma....

The system is mainly for home cinema with the occasional bit of music, my room is 4.5m by 2.7m plus the area under the stairs which is where the TV lives.....

I originally had my heart set on the Dali Zensor 5 5.1 setup however the Q acoustics Q7000 5.1 has came into the equation.

I've not had the chance to demo anything yet however I'd like to walk into a demo wih more understanding of my options and what would result in a balanced system.......

I'm open to suggestions and advice on both the above and those thinking out of the box so to speak..... , my total budget is £1-1. 5k.

Thanks in advance for any advice....

A

Anonymous

Also it might be worth adding that I plan on moving to somewhere with a bit more space in the not too distant future.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'd like to buy something with a bit of scope in the setup that would allow me to take it to my next home, I see the purchase as more of a long term investment, probably to last a couple of years in this house then at least another ten in the next....

Also I'm open to suggestions on alternative receivers however I think I've hit the nail on the head going by the strong reviews the Yamaha gets.....

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I've just bought the rxv673 with the Q7000s and they sound excellent in combination to my ears. I was originally going to go with the Tannoy HTS101 but found them a bit ugly, despite sounding fine. The 7000s are a fine looking and sounding set of speakers (I bought the stands for the rears as well which blend in really well). I read about a few issues with the sub cutting out at low volumes (particularly with the Onkyo 616 amp) but haven't had any problems at all when the amp is set up with standard settings using theYPAO auto setup.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Mikey,

Do you feel that the system is balanced well? I was concerned that the 673 would be overkill for the 7000's that's all.

I'm going to hold off for a few weeks now in the hope that some good deals crop up, though I doubt the deals package deals exceptional AV are offering could be beaten in all honesty.....

mikey2008

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Yep, it's really well balanced. Dialogue clarity is great and the sub shakes the room when required. I haven't really listened to music yet, but the pairing of the two should also be nice, according to reports.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts