Question speakers to pair with cxa61

gobbfried

Oct 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what speakers to pair with my cxa61? they'll be placed in a 4mx5m room and i listen to a lot of everything, from hip-hop to classical to 80s rock and punk. I've also been thinking about maybe adding a subwoofer but that isn't a must at all. im currently using some old bns speakers from the 90s. New and second hand is fine with me with a pricerange from 300-800 eu.

gobbfried

Oct 9, 2021
Visit site
That’s a wide price range. What have you ever heard that you like? Do you prefer stand mounted or floorstander?
yeah, im trying to look for something that fits well with the amplifier and even if i don't have that big a budget but i dont mind saving up for a while longer if its worth it, i don't mind floorstanding speakers but the room they go in is quite small so they'd have to be a maximum of 70 cm so mounted speakers would probably be better. im a big fan of the translator impact 30 speakers which I've listened to with a ca axa25 and I've got the bns 384 hooked up to my amp at the moment. they are nice speakers but they don't feel like they optimally use the amplifier right now.

Reactions: Dom

gobbfried

Oct 9, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
I would be interested in your answers to @nopiano and also ask what speaker brands can you actually get to listen to, if any.
thanks! yeah I've got one audiostore here i can really listen to and they mostly have B&W, dynaudio, KEF, and sonus. (oh i also have had two B&W heaphones and i really like the sound coming from those but i can emagine that that doesn't say a lot about their speakers (im quite new in the hifi community).

doifeellucky

I’m using Dali Zensor 3’s with a CXA60 which were recommended and I preferred over the Monitor Audio Bronze 2’s and Q Acoustics Concept 20’s that were demoed together, so the Oberon’s are probably worth a demo.

gobbfried

Oct 9, 2021
Visit site
Using standmounts can mean you have to buy decent stands which can knock a fair amount out of your budget, unless you already have some . Do you?
never thought about that but that makes sense, so you'd recommend getting standing speakers that are relatively small then? instead of mounted (since they have to fit beneath a 70cm desk (or wall mounted)

never thought about that but that makes sense, so you'd recommend getting standing speakers that are relatively small then? instead of mounted (since they have to fit beneath a 70cm desk (or wall mounted)
yes but why do they have to fit under a desk? Not many will fit under a desk and they need to be a good distance apart, wider than most desks anyway.
perhaps we need more information on your room layout. It is a reasonable sized room but how far from the speakers will your listening position be?

gobbfried

Oct 9, 2021
Visit site
yes but why do they have to fit under a desk? Not many will fit under a desk and they need to be a good distance apart, wider than most desks anyway.
perhaps we need more information on your room layout. It is a reasonable sized room but how far from the speakers will your listening position be?

i linked a quick sketch of my room, with the following numbers:
1: corner desk under which one of the speakers is right now
2: other speaker
3: big closet
4: bed
5: table

so or ill just be in between the two speakers in the middle of the room, or ill be in the corner of the corner desk working on my computer, or ill be just in bed, i think the room is closer to 3.5 x5 by the way.
so as you can see since it is a very full room i don't know where to place the other speaker elsewhere then under the desk, or if i could wall mount them that would also be possible

Attachments

• IMG_20211009_184659.jpg
    IMG_20211009_184659.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 2021-10-0918.48.298591402620797217131.jpg
    2021-10-0918.48.298591402620797217131.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211009_184918_594.jpg
    IMG_20211009_184918_594.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 0

gobbfried

Oct 9, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.
I would be interested in your answers to @nopiano and also ask what speaker brands can you actually get to listen to, if any.
oh another set if speakers i listened to are the lin index with a subwoofer whose brand i have forgotten. this was on an old quad amp, i really liked this combo too

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
why the q350 then?

My nephew matched the Kef R3 with the CXA81.

The Q350 could be considered the little brother of the R3 in the same way the CAX60 could be considered the little brother CXA81.
The 2 brand synergy worked well with one combo, so it's possible the same 2 brand synergy could work for you too.
As everyone here will advise you though, your ears should be the ultimate guide.

gobbfried

Oct 9, 2021
Visit site
My nephew matched the Kef R3 with the CXA81.

The Q350 could be considered the little brother of the R3 in the same way the CAX60 could be considered the little brother CXA81.
The 2 brand synergy worked well with one combo, so it's possible the same 2 brand synergy could work for you too.
As everyone here will advise you though, your ears should be the ultimate guide.
yeah of course that's always the most important thing, ill see if I can demo those somewhere thanks :)

Reactions: Clarkey_71
@gobbfried, Which speaker set did you get finally? Would be interested to know your experience as i am getting a CXA61 for myself.
Please start a new thread rather than digging up ancient ones.
The OP hasn't been seen since his first post in 2021.
I feel pretty sure he did not have the same listening room as you have and you have to get speakers that suit your room rather than your amp so his reply probably would not have helped anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts