Speakers to go with marantz pearl lite

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone , could you recommend some speakers to go with a marantz pearl lite amp and marantz cd6004, my room is 16x12

I listen to all types of music , and use a cd player and ipod touch through the usb on the cd player and also have a denon fm tuner,my budget is £500.00 may be a bit more for the right speakers I fancy floor standers but would also look at stand mounts as well

please help and of course i will audition thanks

Longjohn

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Dear Mr. Rock,

I'd like to hear some answers to this myself. I did a search and came up with with this review that makes some reference to speakers near the end:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/audio-systems/marantz-ki-pearl-lite-sacd-and-amp-714688/review

Ther guy who gave the personal comments on the Pearl Lite in the What Hifi review page might be able to help you. See the following:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/marantz-pm-ki-pearl-lite/user-reviews

KR, Long John

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi Long John, thanks for your reply, have just read the links you sent me and feel that as i paid £599.00 it was a bargain, maybe it would have got 5 stars if the review was done after the price drops , it would be great if some marantz owners would share there views thanks again ian.

xnn3882

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the Pearl Lite for about 30 days before i returned it to my dealer. For the most I used System Audio Mantra 60. It sounded great. It was a big improvement from my old amp, XTZ A100D3.

Everything was perfect. I tried it with my old speakers. Klipsch F1. I thought it would be a perfect match with Klipsch. I was wrong. It was terrible. I also tested it with Linn Majik 109. I did not sound good in my ears.

I think Marantz and System Audio is a great match.

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Does any one think the b&w 685 or tannot v4 would be good enough or should i be going up a level in speakers, budget about 500.00 thanks ian

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I think Mr Ishiwata usually plays his name bearers/designs with Boston Accoustics which, purely incidental ... belong to the same group unless I'm wrong.

Good place to start perhaps?

regards

andreih8017

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
How about Wharfedale Evo series ? Evo 2-30 or 2-40.

I got a Marantz PM 6010 Ki paired with Wharfedale Diamond 10.4, and it sounds great. Evo is above Diamond, so i guess it sounds better.

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks i will have a look at them as well, there are so many good speakers out there ,its just getting the right match thanks ian.

A

Anonymous

hi thanks for the ideas, i will look into the bw cm1, also what about the 685 would they be a suitable match, also has any got monitor audio bx5 and are they a match for the pearl lite.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts