Speakers originally bought for Pro Logic?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys

Just wondering - my HC speakers are 12 years' old but were reasonably expensive (about £670) at the time (Kef Q35 for L & R and Kef surrounds and centre).

Have speakers improved or just changed? And would these have been designed with Pro Logic in mind as DD and DTS were really around at the time. Would it make a difference?

Would be good to hear your views - the rest of my HC kit is an Arcam Alpha 8 with a Yamaha decoder added and I have to say it's never really wowed me.

Roger

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
I've been using KEF C75 (18 years old now) for pro-logic and continued to use them when DD and DTS arrived At one time i did hear rumers that kef tweeters from the early to mid 1990's were prone to burning out with DD and DTS but i have not had this problem in the 8 years ive used them as main fronts in a HC system..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="biggus_1961"]At one time i did hear rumers that kef tweeters from the early to mid 1990's were prone to burning out with DD and DTS but i have not had this problem in the 8 years ive used them as main fronts in a HC system..[/quote]

New one on me, that one - but yes, the old speakers will be fine, as you say...

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="biggus_1961"]At one time i did hear rumers that kef tweeters from the early to mid 1990's were prone to burning out with DD and DTS but i have not had this problem in the 8 years ive used them as main fronts in a HC system..[/quote]

New one on me, that one - but yes, the old speakers will be fine, as you say...
[/quote]
Australian rumours Andrew !!..maybe it was tooooo hot down here ! anyway ive had no problem with mine and they still sound good today especially the mid and high range..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts