Speakers Needed

Dr Oetker

Apr 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys I need some speakers to go with my Roksan Kandy Amp and Marantz CD6002 I like clarity and detail and would always go for an exciting sound rather than something smooth and laid back. I'm the kind of person who always turns the treble up on my car stereo! I like my bass tight and fast and my room is quite small so think I'll avoid floorstanders. (Can always add a sub later) I only have about £200ish to spend but don't mind 2nd hand. Any suggestions? Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Check out my speakers on ebay, stupidly low prices, direct from the company.

They're good too!

A

Anonymous

you could google them for reviews (where they are widely liked).

I'm not to good at descriptions but I would say that they have a solid quality feel. They are smallish standmounts so are nice and fast, but with tight, tuneful and suprisingly deep bass.

I'm not sure they could be described as over-bright (to suit your tastes), but one review highly compliments their 'mid to treble voicing'.

I prefer them to previous speakers I've had - Usher s250 (very clear and fast, but a touch bass-lite, actually these would be good for you), on a par with my Rega R3s, but with a fuller sound. Way better than B&W 685s which I didn't much like.

At that price, they are just abit of a steal...

Dr Oetker

Apr 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, my room is about 10 ft x 13 ft and I'd be sat about 10 foot away from the speakers, do you think that the BR 2's would be a little big for the room?

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the same (but opposite) system to you. A Marantz amp & a Roksan CD. Im very happy with the speakers I use. Currently Monitor Audio RS6, previously Monitor Audio BR5. These are both floorstanders so not for you.

If you decide the BR2s are too much what about the new BX1s ?

I used a pair of BR1s with an Arcam Solo Mini and wasn't ever so impressed and feel the MA speakers pair better with my Roksan & Marantz (although changing amp to a MF X-A2, the Marantz will go back to being used in a 5.1 system with the BR5s)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts