speakers - front only

jordan11

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the top rated home cinema systems available upto £500, I only want 3 or 4 speakers at the front if this is possible, none at the rear behind me as more speakers around the room would not be a popular option with wifey, thanks.

A

Anonymous

Howbig is your room? Do you want sytle speaker or traditional speakers? and what a/v do you have?

jordan11

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi sorry about delay been a bit busy, my room is 18` x 12`, i have a 50" Panasonic plasma, no AV, no extras as such just Sky+ and a DVD player.

I was wondering which 2.1 home cinema system is currently the best available, £500 is about top whack.

I'm assuming that there are no rear speakers with 2.1 set ups, as this is not a popular move with the wife as stated earlier.

Another option would be a soundbar, but good ones seem a bit dearer.

Regards.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
If it's for movies & TV only, I'd consider this. If you were to branch out to blu-ray, you won't get HD audio (DTS-HD & Dolby TrueHD) but you probably wouldn't notice a great deal of difference at this level of speaker and amplification anyway. Add a subwoofer for better bass. Yamaha do their own matching models, or spend a bit more and get a BK XLS200.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts