Speakers for movies and music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I'm looking for some advice please. I currently have a Yamaha DSP-AX763 amp and would like to put together a speaker set up that will compliment movies and music if that is possible? Budget would be about £1000, was thinking of going down the 'style' route but after reading some of the forums it seems these are a bit of a compromise? Any advice would be welcome. Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

I would have thought that using an AV Receiver for music would be the compromising factor rather than actual speaker choice.

A

Anonymous

b&w 685 theatre system? Its a little more expensive than your budget though.

A

Anonymous

I own the 763 with MS 902i fronts 905i centre and 903i bipole rears. i get a good sound on both film and music, altogther the speakers were about £380, very pleased with the result, i play alot of music from my denon 1930 into the 763, i hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

I have the 763 paired with the B&W MT-25 system and find it superb for movies. It's not bad with music either for a 'style' system. Comes in just under your budget as well.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I posted a few months ago ref which sub to buy. I had the same issue with 'style' packages after auditioning them...they lacked a certain something when just listening to music.
http://community.whathifi.com/forums/post/265261.aspx

Check out the link above for the details.

Good luck as there is plenty of choice for £1000

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
The KEF KHT3005SE package seems to be good value at the moment, £729 at HiFix.

"The same goes for music listening: for a system of its type, the KEF package is impressively agile and articulate, with notably improved timing and rhythmic ability."

108154.jpg

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
How about the Quad L-ite 2 package? It's just about bang on your budget and - whilst not exactly a 'style system' - it's compact and extremely stylish! Although the updated '2' version hasn't been reviewed by WHFSV, they liked the originals very much. There have been excellent reviews elsewhere.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for all your comments and sorry I didn't reply before but I have been away. Lots of food for thought!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts