Speakers for Marantz M-CR610.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

the record spot

knaithrover said:
the record spot said:
To the OP, I'd suggest you also add Tannoy's excellent DC4 to your list. Very non-hifi, deeply engaging and a bargain at their original RRP never mind the prices they go for now. A must audition IMO. Had mine for over two years now and they still continue to surprise.

Wow they are cheap - just spotted a pair for £200 mint on ebay....

Nice price! Just got mine turning out Black Sabbath's Vol 4 2009 Remaster. One of the few remastered series I'd really rate. Universal Music nailed it with this set. And the speakers are doing a fine job of replaying it!

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
the record spot said:
knaithrover said:
the record spot said:
To the OP, I'd suggest you also add Tannoy's excellent DC4 to your list. Very non-hifi, deeply engaging and a bargain at their original RRP never mind the prices they go for now. A must audition IMO. Had mine for over two years now and they still continue to surprise.

Wow they are cheap - just spotted a pair for £200 mint on ebay....

Nice price! Just got mine turning out Black Sabbath's Vol 4 2009 Remaster. One of the few remastered series I'd really rate. Universal Music nailed it with this set. And the speakers are doing a fine job of replaying it!

Ive just upgraded (to MA BX2's) otherwise i would seriously be interested in these. The Beatles remasters are pretty good especially Abbey Rd also Tommy by the Oo is a huge improvement on the original IMO i might add....

T

the record spot

There's four outlets in the UK just now. However ASK on Tottenham Court Road have them on offer. Three pairs in stock on special offer at £199.

Sorry, make that two pairs. ;)

StevenH

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So, with the MCR610 out of stock at my nearest Richer Sounds for the past couple weeks I've had no luck auditioning speakers with it, apart from some Kefs at Audio T which were nice but didn't blow me away. I'm a bit concerned about placing Dali Zensor 3s in an alcove with a wall to the side and behind. Has anyone heard the Mentor Menuet with this system? Probably better suited in terms of placement and the room isn't huge so hopefully the bass would be sufficient. Should I be bothered about them being rated at 4 ohms? I also wouldn't mind trying the Acoustic Energy 301 but i'm concerned at the moment about missing sale prices. Any experience of either of these speakers with the Marantz?

T

the record spot

Where there's a will...they arrive tomorrow I think. Don't get me wrong, they might be rubbish, but we'll see. :)

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/pioneer-s-71b-standmount-speaker

Callum J

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I think i have narrowed my search down to three speakers which i hope are suitable for wall mounting in a small room....Dali Zensor 1s, Monitor Audio BX2s, and maybe Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s. Are all three fine for wall mounting, or is there another viable choice?

TRENDING THREADS