Speakers for marantz 603

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Need advise deciding on speakers for marantz 603. Initially was going for the MA bx2, but now have doubts as found some good offers on Focal 714v and Quad 12l2. They are for my living room 25m and I listen to all kinds of music but not at very high volumes. Is the marantz 603 powerful enough to drive the focal 714v or Quad 12l2? I have no intention of using subwoofer or central speaker. Thanks in advance for any inputs.

A

Anonymous

I have no first hand experience of the marantz but i'm sure Chebby uses rega r3's with his and has been impressed so far..maybe he will be along soon to give his opinion.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your message. Just got the Marantz 603 with the focal 714v and have to say sounds awesome. Just like I wanted. Though the room is 25m big, it gets filled with sound even on very low volume and the midrange is exquisite.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Excellent!

Sorry I missed this thread first time around. It is getting difficult to keep up with all the M-CR603 related threads!

I would never have thought of Focal 714Vs, but then I would never have dreamt of anyone using it with £1500 PMC GB1s as Andrew Everard did (successfully) for his M-CR603 review in the Gramophone magazine.

The overall message seems to be... "Don't get cheap with the speakers" when it comes to this unlikely machine. (I originally wondered if Monitor Audio RX1s would be too 'ambitious' before I knew better!)

My Rega R3s (£500 when first produced around 2005) are an excellent match and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending their RS3 successors (£700) despite the M-CR603 costing only £450.

Glad you have found a good speaker match for yours.

A

Anonymous

Cheers...keep you guys posted as i use the setup more and speakers start to open up. Browsing the forum really helped me decide as i've sort of had a long break from hifi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts