Speakers for Marantz Melody Media CR-610

redes90

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm quite unexperienced in terms of Hi-Fi and so I have many doubts about what I can do. I will appreciate your patiente if I make some bad description!!

I've recently bought the Marantz Melody Media CR-610 (still in the box). It is to be used in a 16m2 room which is used as a kind of home office and also has the TV, cable box.

I don't have a lot of space for big speakers and for that reason I've been lokking at options like Q Acoustics 2010i or Tannoy Mercury V1i which are selling at around 160-190€/pair here in Portugal. This is more or less my budget for the moment; maybe I could go up to 250€/pair.

I'm sure there are other option but I have many doubts regarding the sensitivity, min and max frequency response, RMS power output, impedance.

What is compatible with the CR-610? I find on its specs: 120 W RMS 1 kHz @ 6 Ohm 10% THD. What does this mean exactly?

I'm afraid to choose some speakers that might cause problems.

Can anyone give me some indication?

Thank you very much in advance.

N

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
redes90 said:
I find on its specs: 120 W RMS 1 kHz @ 6 Ohm 10% THD. What does this mean exactly?

It means "Ignore this ridiculous spec!" :)

Your M-CR610 (and my M-CR603) should be treated as 40 - 50 Wpc devices (into 8 Ohm speakers with reasonable efficiency of around 88 - 90dB).

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest listening to speakers like the Q Acoustics 2020i, Wharfedale Diamond 220 and Dali Zensor 1. They should be within your budget and will work fine with the Marantz.

redes90

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Dear All,

thank you very much for your comments and sugestions.

Today, I visited a local store and, considering that I may also buy a sub-woofer sometime in the future, the guy suggested the Cambridge Audio Minx S212. According to him, in a room like I described, this kit would show a quite good performance also for music. Anyone knows this speakers set?

He also told me that I could later buy two additional satalite speakers as the Melody Media CR-610 can manage 4 speakers + sub-woofer. Any comments to this?

Thanks again.

N

redes90

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

unfortunately they did not have it in stock. It has been quite busy these days due to Xtmas!

Due to the season, they will only receive new order in January.

:(

redes90

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello.

Thank you all for your comments.

sorry to rply only now but was away for a few days!!

I have agreed to take the unit to the store and check a few options they will have in stock by mid-end January.

Happy New Year!

magicaxeman

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
In my experiance the Marantz can be a little harsh in the mid range & treble when pushed so something smoother like the Q-Acoustics should suit it well.

I think the 4 sats & sub system suggested is a waste of time and money unless your going for a two room system.

pogologo

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Just got one of these and have matched it with floor standing.

Tried Dali Zensor 5, Q acoustic 2050i, Tannoy DC6T and Monitor Audio BX6. The Dali (to me) sounded by far the best.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an MCR510 qnd have tried it with Monitor Audio BX's which was not without merit but a bit too harsh for my ears especially at higher volumes. I had some Boston Acoustics A25's which were better a lot warmer. Then i picked up some Boston M25's cheap as chips and these really make the Marantz sing, warm and deeeeep room filling sound but with excellent detail. They would be my recommendation.

Happy New Year BTW

gasolin

I have a Denon Dra-F109 (more or less the same amp as the small all in one systemns fra marantz) with Boston acoustics A26 and it sounds goood, i feel the dali zensor 1 is to bright and gets a bit to much at high levels

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts