Speakers for dm41 classical music

Mosschops99

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi. Have just bought a Denon dm41 which I am happy with and I am using a pair of old Kef Coda 7s. Would I notice an improvement in sound quality if I bought a pair of QAcousticc 3020i specifically for classical music so looking for clarity and natural well produced sound over something bassey and maybe muffled? I'm happy with the kefs but with them being outdated are newer speakers better?

Thanks

Gray

Hi. Have just bought a Denon dm41 which I am happy with and I am using a pair of old Kef Coda 7s. Would I notice an improvement in sound quality if I bought a pair of QAcousticc 3020i specifically for classical music so looking for clarity and natural well produced sound over something bassey and maybe muffled? I'm happy with the kefs but with them being outdated are newer speakers better?

Thanks
Use any suggestions / reviews as a (rough) guide only.
Boring and impractical as it sounds, listening for yourself is the best (some would say the only) way.
Having said that, an easy return option could prevent disaster.
Might be an idea to give yourself a few options, such as little Dali models and I doubt you'd go far wrong with these at the price:
If you haven't already got some, you might find stands optimise whatever you choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

Mosschops99

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
Thanks Gray. I was looking at stands for my Kefs. They are sat on the carpet and I did wonder if this was why I thinking they weren't sounding crisp enough. I'll get some stands any way then when the shops reopen will try to arrange some demos.

Reactions: Gray
The QA are easy to recommend though do check the measurements because they’re unusually deep, front to back. They tend to be slightly smoother than budget rivals like Dali or Mission, so that flatters modest electronics.
Some dealers will let you buy on a returnable basis, or they’re always available used on eBay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts