Speakers for Denon PMA-1520

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to read your suggestions for my sound system. At this moment, I have a Technics SL-1210MK2 turntable, Denon PMA-1520 amplifier and Sony SS-X3 speakers. Music style that I listen is psychedelic 60's and modern pop-rock. Also, I have an Ortofon Concorde Pro capsule+stylus, it looks very good but I think that the sound could be better, what's your opinion about that?

I've been looking for speakers and I'm in doubt with this three models:

1. Wharfedale Diamond 10.2

2. Monitor Audio Bronze BX2

3. Rega RS1 (too expensive for me...)

Thanks for your patience and sorry for my english :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Its unlikely you're still following this after having been ignored for such a long time but seek comfort in the knowledge that anything Denon will not get much love around here (or elsewhere for that matter). Its the 'almost but not quite' brand, the one that usually lags behind the marketing powers of the Marantzes etc notwithstanding the fact that Denon have been fairly active in the pro/commercial installation industry and therefore bring some knowledge to their more hifi orientated products. It just lacks that high-end label though even there, Denon has made some noteworthy products.

I am not familiar with your amplifier but in the unlikely event you're reading this I would suggest any speaker with a relatively neutral balance ie. no excess either way will do the job nicely and should do fine with the normally equally neutral sound of Denon. Kef for example should probably be on your list.

regards

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
drummerman said:
Its unlikely you're still following this after having been ignored for such a long time but seek comfort in the knowledge that anything Denon will not get much love around here (or elsewhere for that matter). Its the 'almost but not quite' brand, the one that usually lags behind the marketing powers of the Marantzes etc ...
It now belongs to the same company as Marantz (Denon is the 'D' in D&M Holdings) and regularly wins awards for various AV and hi-fi equipment.

Because of it's association as a partner company to Boston Acoustics, I would also suggest trying the Boston Acoustics A26s.

They also got a What Hi-fi 5 star review and are well within your budget.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, i confused the amp with a modern Denon PMA 1510ae (only a 20 year difference!) so ignore what I suggested.

Your 1520 is a completely different amp from 1988-1989 that I have no idea about.

ngoquangbach

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Could you please give me some review of Denon PMA-1520ae, as I would like to upgrade from my denon pma-720ae.

BTW, I am using speaker monitor audio RX2.

Thanks & Best Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts