Speakers for Cyrus CD8S/8VS2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just had my first demo ... I had a listen to a Cyrus CD8S/8VS2/PSX-R with various speakers.

I tried Spendor S5e, Monitor Audio RS8 and Linn Majik.

I found the Spendors quite detailed and smooth at the top but somewhat lacking in bass, on the other hand the RS8s seemed to have plenty of bass but I found them a little too harsh for my taste at the top. The Linn Majik seemed the most balanced of the lot, quite laid back, but a little out of my price range.

Any suggestions as to what else I should consider with the Cyrus?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Dynaudio has a good reputation with cyrus - Neat may work nicely as well

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
My girlfriend has the same set-up but matched with B&W CM7 speakers and theyre superb

As with your finds we auditioned the Cyrus CDP/amp combo with the M/A RS8 speakers as well and found them to be 'too bassy' but the CM7s were and still are superb. Really good bass, smooth and detailed midrange and crisp treble with great timing. They look brilliant too.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="d_a_n1979"]My girlfriend has the same set-up but matched with B&W CM7 speakers and theyre superb

As with your finds we auditioned the Cyrus CDP/amp combo with the M/A RS8 speakers as well and found them to be 'too bassy' but the CM7s were and still are superb. Really good bass, smooth and detailed midrange and crisp treble with great timing. They look brilliant too.[/quote]I heard a similar set up to this a couple of years ago (the standmount cm1's i think) and it sounded great.

I was asking what i should look at partnering my pro-ac's with on this forum and someone suggested cyrus worked very well with them too.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Grimaldi"]
I've just had my first demo ... I had a listen to a Cyrus CD8S/8VS2/PSX-R with various speakers.

I tried Spendor S5e, Monitor Audio RS8 and Linn Majik.
[/quote]
I would add Dali IKON 7/8 to your audition list. IKON have natural bass. i.e. if you tend more towards the RS8's bass, you will find it lacking, but otherwise a very nice speaker to have.

A

Anonymous

Have thought of those or at least the Dali Ikon 6 ... I don't want too much bass I just found the Spendor a little lacking.

The problem is finding someone that stocks these and Cyrus so I can demo without having to take my equipment with me as I'd like to see how they work together :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts