Speakers for Cyrus CD6/8vs combo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Have had Cyrus CD6 and 8vs for a while but due to space constraints have been restricted to listening through a pair of Grado SR80i's. Moving to a new (more spacious) place soon and would like to invest in a pair of speakers (probably standmounts). Anything work particularly well with Cyrus? Limit about £600 but could be tempted higher.

ta,

freddybobs

freddybobs said:
Hi,

Have had Cyrus CD6 and 8vs for a while but due to space constraints have been restricted to listening through a pair of Grado SR80i's. Moving to a new (more spacious) place soon and would like to invest in a pair of speakers (probably standmounts). Anything work particularly well with Cyrus? Limit about £600 but could be tempted higher.

ta,

freddybobs

Hi freddybobs

Dynaudio's superb DM 2/6 or DM 2/7 and ATC's SCM7 monitors are worth a look. As long as you're not after constant disco like levels then the 8vs has enough power which is also sufficiently potent to work with either of these three models.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

freddybobs said:
Hi,

ta,

freddybobs

As the others have pointed out it really depends on the room size and, also, the listening levels you want to achieve.

Dyns do spring to mind, but may (says hesitantly)...may be a little hard to drive. Try looking on the lines of PMC DB1is, Spendor S3/5. That said, if you only listen to music at idling levels, then Dynaudios may suffice.

A

Anonymous

The room is about 8m x 5m. I tend not to listen at high volume (although Art Blakey's Orgy in Rhythm will probably tempt me a bit higher than usual
smiley-cool.gif
). Listen to quite a bit of Classical and so would like quite a detailed sound.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
That's quite a large room to fill. Even if you sit close to the speakers and don't listen loudly, the room is still eating up volume, and bass is just going to disappear! A good starting point would be the Monitor Audio RX2's, which are probably the only standmount I'll recommend within your budget, mainly because of it's larger 8" bass driver will shift more air than other competitors. Steer clear of 4ohm rated speakers and low sensitivities (87dB or higher preferably, but the higher the better!) and your 8vs should be fine.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I also have the cd 6, and cyrus 3 with psx-r the amplifier is nearly 20 years old, but cant compare it to the 8vs2, but it works pretty well with dynaudio's.

At the moment they are driving focus 110 speakers, so i would suggest auditioning dynaudio's for cyrus as i find they have great synergy between them. As past cyrus equipment are slightly on the leaner side, then, the rich smooth sound of dynaudios could well work for you.

They are more expensive than your budget but are still superb speakers with great imaging and bass, if this is to steep a price try the dm range in ste

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
What sort of sound are you after? Careful matching is needed for the 8VS as it's on the lean side, and isn't too keen on 4ohm speakers (or speakers that dip to 4ohms at lower frequencies). What size is your room?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts