speakers for arcam

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Sounded pretty good in the shop but might be a different story when i get them in my room. Think i'll give it a good listen before deciding what (if anything) to change next but i'm always open to suggestions.

Let me know what you think of the R3's when you have a chance, especially how they sound with the Mira - could be one for the shortlist.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
batonwielder:Gears of Law:
As you can see, i started this post when i was looking into buying speakers andÿwasÿconsidering my options.ÿ Since then i have heard the R3's (although not the Dali's mentioned) and was impressed with the sound (and the smaller size - don't think i would have got away with anything much bigger) so decided to go for them.ÿ Should have them on Friday so will let you know my first impressions.

Whilst in the shop i had a listen to a Rega Apollo and noticed an improvement over my CD73 (heard more detail and a tighter bass presentation) so might upgrade that next.ÿ Also considering CD192 and Cyrus players but will have to listen to a few first.ÿ Any ideas for my shortlist are most welcome.

Oh I see. That makes sense. I'm supposed to be picking up the R3's for demo at home along with my new Mira 3 by Friday. I would be interested to compare notes.

I don't think you can go wrong with either Rega or Cyrus CDP, but I think your integrated amp needs attention first. Not sure if it's the best match for your new speakers.

The A85 is perfectly capable of making the Rega's sing. It was a £900 amp and very well regarded. Don't listen to all this rubbish that a small minority peddle about Arcam.

ÿ

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Oh wait, for some reason I thought he had a different amplifier. My apologies Joel! Any kind of undermining was completely unintended.

The A85 is indeed a fine amplifier. Careful with your next move, Gears. Once you let another Rega component in the chain you will be forever tempted to complete the system! I think that's what's happening to me...ÿ

TRENDING THREADS