Speakers for a small room

richie60

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I've moved my system into a smaller room that's about 12ft long X 8.5ft wide. My MS 916i's (floorstanding speakers) are a bit too big for the room so i'm looking for a more suitable speaker, but still want decent bass & a punchy sound.

The system fires down the length of the room and consists of the following:

Squeezebox 3 connected to a Denon DMD-1000 Minidisc player acting as a DAC, Flac files streamed from media pc in lounge.

Marantz CD63 KI Sig CD player

Audiolab 8000LX amp

Other source is an old turntable, but hardly used.

I dug out an old pair of Mission 780 speakers, but find them a little bass light. Anyone have any suggestions on a better pair of speakers, I don't mind looking at older secondhand speakers either... :?

Richie

A

Anonymous

It'd be handy to know what music you generally listen to & what your budget is.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If budget isn't much of an issue, I'd recommend either the PMC DB1i or the new ProAc Tablette Anniversary. You'd be hard put to find better mini-monitors that aren't a demanding amp load.

But they are quite expensive at 1,000 and 1,250 quid respectively...

richie60

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Singslinger said:
If budget isn't much of an issue, I'd recommend either the PMC DB1i or the new ProAc Tablette Anniversary. You'd be hard put to find better mini-monitors that aren't a demanding amp load.

But they are quite expensive at 1,000 and 1,250 quid respectively...

Been reading quite a bit of stuff about these PMC DB1 speakers with a lot of interest, bit pricey at the moment for me though unless a pair come up secondhand later on...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts