Speakers causing head pressure/moldy speakers?

timoteilierio

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I bought Denon SC-M39 -speakers and they caused an allergic reaction to my wife. She's oversensitive to mold and fungus. Her eyes started stinging, she had a headache and complained that her breathing became hard. We put the speakers in other room and tried again the next day, same results. The speakers had a smell that you can smell in old attics.

I returned them and ordered another pair of same speakers from a different supplier. This time the speakers didn't smell but now we are both experiencing weird pressure in the head and nose while listening to music with them. I'm pretty sure i've connected the wires correctly. The sound from the speakers sound very pleasant and i'd hate to return these too.

Both of them were brand new. I've already reported this to D&M Holdings Inc but not sure if they're gonna check the factory (it's prolly in China).

Although the second pair seems much cleaner, we're still thinking about returning them just to be sure..

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this?

My amp is Denon RCD-M39DAB.

Thank you in advance!

--

Me

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Never had that with my speakers but I only have bought British ones. I had a similar problem with some car mats, gave me headaches and had to get rid of them , got a refund as they admitted they were pvc and did state that on the description. You will probably find it will disappear in a few days, if not I would swop them for a different make.

anis93

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
hi timoteilierio, that funny i was about to put a note on what hifi, as i m feeling the same with my speakers triangle antal 202, there are well know for they high frequency ...i was wondering if anyone feel the same ... headhache, hear some tiny noise in your hear, and then become pain full ! what the deal ?

tone

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
sounds strange but things happen and it must be in the materials used to build these.

Just get rid of them and buy another speaker from a different manufacturer.

Dont rack your head trying to figure it out. Get something else.

DURV

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, have experienced similar problem. Although your speakers are designed to be used with your system, if you go into the setup on your remote control, press the up cursor until the unit displays spk optimise. press the right cursor until unit displays off. This worked for me, hope it help. Cheers.

timoteilierio

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. We've decided that it's best to return them. After all, speakers should be loved, not questioned. I didn't try to disable the speaker optimization tho it might've been helpful. My wife gets really sick for few days when she spends even 5 minutes in a house that has mold. We can't take the risk. Thanks again, your comments helped us make a final decision.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
timoteilierio said:
Thanks all. We've decided that it's best to return them. After all, speakers should be loved, not questioned. I didn't try to disable the speaker optimization tho it might've been helpful. My wife gets really sick for few days when she spends even 5 minutes in a house that has mold. We can't take the risk. Thanks again, your comments helped us make a final decision.

It maybe not be mold more likely chemicals in the plastics. Was there not a problem a year or 2 ago with some soft furniture that came from China. Some fumes from plastics can be quite toxic I believe. Those car mats I bought about 1 year ago still stink.

TRENDING THREADS