Speakers cables advice needed for Spendor SA1 with Naim Supernait

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, I need some advice on the speakers cables. My dealer advice me Cardas Crosslink cabels.

What doe you think about this combo ? I`m not hifi expert, please any advice? Thanks for you help!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I recommend Naim NACA5 cable with Naim's own amp connectors (supplied in your Supernait box) soldered on.

Either that or Chord Carnival Silverscreen (actually copper cables with no silver despite the name) for £6 per metre. (Again with the Naim amp connectors soldered on preferably.)

A

Anonymous

chebby:

I recommend Naim NACA5 cable with Naim's own amp connectors (supplied in your Supernait box) soldered on.

Either that or Chord Carnival Silverscreen (actually copper cables with no silver despite the name) for £6 per metre. (Again with the Naim amp connectors soldered on preferably.)

Chebbby, thanks for your advice, Do you think that with silver in it would be a better choice and how good do you think are those NACA5 cabels for a AV receiver?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
inthemooed:Chebbby, thanks for your advice, Do you think that with silver in it would be a better choice and how good do you think are those NACA5 cabels for a AV receiver?

I will repeat...

"Either that or Chord Carnival Silverscreen (actually copper cables with no silver despite the name) for £6 per metre."

Chord Carnival Silverscreen has pure copper conductors and silver coloured foil screening inside a translucent outer jacket.

(I really, really wish Chord had chosen a less confusing name!)

A

Anonymous

The Spendors aren't bright speakers and I've found that the Chord Odyssey 2 works very well with them. The Naim cable has to be the safe bet; see if you can demo some.

A

Anonymous

The oddy 2 is a very good cable, and so is the atlas hyper 2. The atlas is all copper and the oddy is silver plated copper.

I just changed from the oddy to atlas hyper bi-wire as it is all copper, so maybe the hyper is good for the spendors.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I think sticking to Naim's NAC A5 is the best bet. I believe that it's swings and roundabouts if you switch to other cables - you might gain in some areas but lose out in others.

A

Anonymous

igglebert:The Spendors aren't bright speakers and I've found that the Chord Odyssey 2 works very well with them. The Naim cable has to be the safe bet; see if you can demo some.

+1 for the odyssey 2
emotion-21.gif

Evlampi

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Well i find the odyssey loose in the bass compared to the NacA5... tried them both on several speakers with the Snait... and always preferred the Nac!

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the chord carnival silverscreen when i bought my cyrus gear.I am yet to have bought the sa1 as was not sure yet(torn between them and atc but casn t auditioned the atc so too bad..) but since I auditioned them, m in love with their sound.Does that mean that the silverscreen won t be suited to the sa1??Will; hae to replace them??

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't lose any sleep over speaker cable. The Silverscreen will be fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts