Speaker wire for a Naim system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Im looking for a speaker wire upgrade, but not too sure how much im wanting to spend though but a decent improvement. Iv currently got QED mirco speaker cable, that was the cheapest at the time. $6 nz a metre. My system is ... Naim CD5x/Flatcap2x HK970 (Nait 5i in near future) Paradigm Monitor 7s v5 The MAIN brands in my town are ... QED, Wirewrld, Chord, Audioquest, AR, Nordost, Rega, If anything, the system is a little bright so perhaps I need to avoid bright cable. Any suggestions? I dont want to speed huge amounts, its $2.6 to the pound. Cheers

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
naim recommend you use their own cable,so that's nac 5 about £11.00 per metre.some have used chord silver spiral but that can be quite bright.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gregory"]naim recommend you use their own cable,so that's nac 5 about £11.00 per metre.some have used chord silver spiral but that can be quite bright.[/quote]

Thanks for your advice. Iv read somewhere (possibly What Hifi mag) that there is better cable for the Naim then their own cable?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
pink fish media has a wealth of naim users,you could try there but i still believe that their own cable is the way to go as it matches the electrical impedence.it will not add or take anything away which is what a good cable should do and no biwiring,naim like rega do not advocate this overpriced practice.

A

Anonymous

I would wait until you get your Nait 5i Nac 5 is the Naim cable and has to be at least 3.5metres long per side.With Naim amps you would be supplied with there own termination at the amplifier end which if you need to get terminated by your dealer,although you can use banana plugs but Naim recomend there terminations which will be provided with the new amp,It is adviseable you talk to your dealer as there is other cables you can use I use chord rumour2 which is around the same price as nac5.The one thing I did notice you have a flatcap2 have you thought of going pre/power?you might get lucky with an ex demo 112/150 then use the flat cap to power your amp as well,as there is no upgrade path with the 5i although its a little devil of an amp.All the best Chris C.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Chris C"]I would wait until you get your Nait 5i Nac 5 is the Naim cable and has to be at least 3.5metres long per side.With Naim amps you would be supplied with there own termination at the amplifier end which if you need to get terminated by your dealer,although you can use banana plugs but Naim recomend there terminations which will be provided with the new amp,It is adviseable you talk to your dealer as there is other cables you can use I use chord rumour2 which is around the same price as nac5.The one thing I did notice you have a flatcap2 have you thought of going pre/power?you might get lucky with an ex demo 112/150 then use the flat cap to power your amp as well,as there is no upgrade path with the 5i although its a little devil of an amp.All the best Chris C.[/quote]

Thanks for your advice, I will wait for the Naim amp and try their cable first. The reason why I was looking towards the Nait 5i was the price. Here in NZ the Nait 5i is $2000 (was $2600 but italic out v.soon), the Nait 5i (italic) will be $2700. For the seperates, the NAC 122x/150x, they cost about $4200 at least EACH, so $8400 or more. I think in the UK and elsewhere the seperates arent as much compared to the Nait 5i. The original Nait 5 is too hard to come by as well in NZ, but it is a shame to waste the flatcap...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts