Speaker Wire Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello.I am looking for some speaker wire for my system which consists of an Exposure 2010s cd player,

Exposure 2010s integrated amp and Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i speakers.I have narrowed it down to

Chord Carnival Silverscreen, QED Silver Anniversary ,Ecosse ES 4.45 and Kimber 8TC.Unfortunately

it's not possible to audition any of them in my system.I live in Canada and there is a limited amount

of Hi-Fi dealers in my area , most of which don't like to lend anything out.I can however get my hands

on almost anything but it usually has to be shipped from another city.In other words i have to buy blindly,

so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, this is my first post here. Greetings From Canada!

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
Try Audioquest Cv-8, Cv-4 with Audioquest Colorado or Columbia Interconnects. I tried chord and qed speaker wires, interconnects and I found Audioquests are far more superior.

A

Anonymous

As you are in the land of my father, can I suggest you look on E bay for "Silver High Breed " cables? I am using their ic's, and 10awg speaker cable.

I had previously spent many hundreds of pounds on both interconnects and speaker cable, to find that these (SHB's) easilly compare.

Fwiw, I have owned (and now sold on! ) £600 Black Rhoduiums, and £330 Chord Anthem ic's, and a prototype of Chord Signature speaker cable, and am highly delighted and satisfied with the SHB's. Ive also had Chord Odyssey and VDH speaker cable, which the SHB easilly beats

Compared to the price of the others mentioned, they are a fraction of the cost, but are certainly on a par with them.

I would steer well clear of the QED Silver Anniverasry as it is a bass robber, yes the top end is amazingly detailed, but thats about it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the input guys.Much appreciated.I will look into those.Not sure as i am pretty new to this, but

i think it would be best to avoid silver in my system.The Exposure gear is a bit on the forward side, so

it might not be a good combination.This is a guess on my part because i never tried any.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts