speaker upgrade - suggestions, please.

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Currently using a pair of Q-Acoustics 2020is with my Marantz M-CR603. I'm happy with the SQ, but having heard so much about how the Marantz can drive much more expensive speakers, I'm thinking of upgrading. Budget would be around the 300 bucks mark.

Any suggestions gratefully considered.

A

Anonymous

I heard my CR603 with the likes of Neat Motive 2's, PMC DB & GB1i's, KEF R100's and R300's and they all sounded god damned amazing so really; the worlds your oyster.

Do you want brand new or 2nd hand?

If you can go 2nd hand I'd consider the likes of Dali Lektor 2's, B&W 685's, Monitor Audio RX1's for standmounts

For floorstanders consider the Acoustic Energy AE Neo 3's, B&W 603 S2's/S3's and maybe even some Monitor Audio RS5's or RS6's if yu can find them

daveyjay said:
Currently using a pair of Q-Acoustics 2020is with my Marantz M-CR603. I'm happy with the SQ, but having heard so much about how the Marantz can drive much more expensive speakers, I'm thinking of upgrading. Budget would be around the 300 bucks mark.

Any suggestions gratefully considered.

Hi davejay

Monitor Audio's BX2 speakers :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

There are a lot of options! What kind of sound you like? And what music you listen to mostly?

T

the record spot

Either the original Mission 751s, which would be within your budget and might work well with the Marantz. If going new, then Tannoy's DC4 speaker is a bit of a revelation (as well as a revolution DC4). Both highly musical, detailed without being clinical and musically engrossing.

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a Marantz MCR603 with Monitor Audio RX1 speakers and it was a great combo.

Still have the Marantz but also have the Rega Brio R driving the MAs great also.

Now have a subwoofer as well to get the really low notes.

The RX1s have good bass response but when you hear them with a subwoofer as well you realise what you have been missing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts