Speaker terminal connector.

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Morning all!

I've got a pair of KEF's and I need to connect the speaker terminals. I'd rather keep things neat by not running separate cables to each but for the life of me I can find a product to simply bridge them. They were second hand so I'll assume the previous owner lost the originals. Anyone know where I can find what I need

My thanks in advance :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Holy cr-p have you got money to burn? Why not just chop-off a couple of inches from the end of your speaker cable instead of spending the eye-watering sum of £11 on four bits of wire about 3" long?

MajorFubar said:
Holy cr-p have you got money to burn? Why not just chop-off a couple of inches from the end of your speaker cable instead of spending the eye-watering sum of £11 on four bits of wire about 3" long?

Only worth comptemplating if your speaker cables end in bare connections. Not recommended if they end in nice factory fitted banana plugs / spades.

2nd option ....... take four paper clips .............. :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:

Nah coat-hangers are where it's at...

Failing that, even a bit stripped from the end of an old mains flex will do.

Crikey, £11 for a few bits of wire. I'm in the wrong job, no really I am if people are actually managing to sell those. I've got about 100' of twin-and-earth coiled up in the garage. I'm sitting on a fortune!

MajorFubar said:
Al ears said:

Nah coat-hangers are where it's at...

Failing that, even a bit stripped from the end of an old mains flex will do.

Crikey, £11 for a few bits of wire. I'm in the wrong job, no really I am if people are actually managing to sell those. I've got about 100' of twin-and-earth coiled up in the garage. I'm sitting on a fortune!

A distinct possibility major but you do get some nice banana plugs and spades attached to your wires for £11. Factor these in and the time it takes to fit / solder onto your four lengths of wire (at minimum wage costings) and the £11 is now not looking too bad.

namefail

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
MajorFubar said:

Only worth comptemplating if your speaker cables end in bare connections. Not recommended if they end in nice factory fitted banana plugs / spades.

The seller say "By installing this set of 4 speaker jumper cables you could improve your listening pleasure in seconds. Recognised as one of the most cost effective upgrades available." , So there.

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm honestly not that frugal and I'm happy with the convenience. Not to mention the more professional finish than my awful DIY could ever manage ;).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts