Speaker switch

monster

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with using a speaker switch? For at least the next few months I'm stuck in a situation that forces me to use two receivers. I finally made the jump to a 4K television and my Yamaha RX-V3800 was temporarily shelved. Money was tight so I purchased a Denon AVR-X2700H for 4K material. The problem is the Denon's 95W/channel seems much too weak for my old B&W DM 604s. So I now have both receivers in my rack. If push comes to shove I'd rather have my mains on the Yamaha for music, but since I'm married the wife gets a say and she prefers my setup revolve around the television. Right now the Denon only has my old B&W center channel speaker and that doesn't quite cut it for my wife. I want, need to share my mains. When Yamaha releases their new receivers I'll put the Denon away, but for now I plan on trying a switch. I ordered one that seems to fit my needs, 2 in/ 1 out with banana plugs, but I'm concerned about the sound after it gets installed. Hopefully, in the next year of so I can save enough money so that this isn't an issue, have big plans, don't we all?

monster

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
Can't you use the Yamaha as a power amp for the speakers?
I wish, the Denon doesn't offer any pre-outs to speak of and the Yamaha doesn't process 4K. I agree with your other post too, I'd rather not add to the signal. Yamaha estimates August as the release date, but then I'll wait a month or two to see if the HDMI issue is worked out.

TRENDING THREADS