Speaker stands

ianb

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
Hi audiophile family I have a question for you all,I've recently bought a pair of wharfedale linton xp2's to partner my vintage pioneer blueline seperates. I'm in need of speaker stands and I'm refusing to pay for the £500+ official ones,I've found a good valued pair but would like some advice on stand height? I was originally thinking 50cm but I now think that's too tall so thinking 40cm? Any ideas or advice? I've recently upgraded the record deck on the system from the blueline one (which is safely in storage) to a teac tn175 and I'm hoping that the lintons partner well,I've done some research and I'm confident in my choices. I also run a pioneer avr setup and I've just bought a new toy it's one of those new small amps,I've got the aiyima t9 pro with a pair of dali spektor 2's and a little wiim streamer,as you can tell I have the bug! Not to mention a cupboard full of equipment! Anyway thoughts on anything welcome.

The XP2* are fifty years old, and there was no official stand back then. I think you’re looking at the stands for the re-released ‘heritage’ model that is in any case likely to have a different set of dimensions.

Are they in good working condition?

If you’re unsure on the stands, err on the lower side, as you can always tilt them backwards a bit with something under the front edge.

*Edit - are they in fact 3XP, a three-way?

Last edited:
Reactions: My2Cents and ianb

Fandango Andy

Hi audiophile family I have a question for you all,I've recently bought a pair of wharfedale linton xp2's to partner my vintage pioneer blueline seperates. I'm in need of speaker stands and I'm refusing to pay for the £500+ official ones,I've found a good valued pair but would like some advice on stand height? I was originally thinking 50cm but I now think that's too tall so thinking 40cm? Any ideas or advice? I've recently upgraded the record deck on the system from the blueline one (which is safely in storage) to a teac tn175 and I'm hoping that the lintons partner well,I've done some research and I'm confident in my choices. I also run a pioneer avr setup and I've just bought a new toy it's one of those new small amps,I've got the aiyima t9 pro with a pair of dali spektor 2's and a little wiim streamer,as you can tell I have the bug! Not to mention a cupboard full of equipment! Anyway thoughts on anything welcome.

Two options, look up the hight of the official stands and get as close as possible to that. Alternatively regular school of thought is your ears should be in line with the tweeters.

Reactions: ianb

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
They’re a pretty standard hight are the xp2’s, look on eBay for some Atacama se24’s 20-50quid, ( price seems to be creeping up and you’ll probably have to collect) fill with sand in a bag, job done. No better stands have been made in 25 years than these.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts