Speaker selection help for NAD D 3020

olc

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the NAD D 3020 now and have tried lots of speakers up to $500US with not a lot of success, from Cambridge, Martin-Logan, Audioengine, and more. Suprisingly my slightly modified (VIFA tweeter) Pioneer BS22s outdid the others, but I stiil am not happy. From reviews here, it seems the Q Acoustic 2000/3000 speakers might be a good choice. Class D amps can be a little picky about speakers, and being in the US I have no way to audition the Q Acoustics because they have no US distributor. Before I do something as drastic as import these has anyone matched the Q Acoustic bookshelf speakers (these are for a bedroom) with the NAD? With what result? Thanks for any help.

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I would heartly recommend the wharfedale diamond 122 speakers. This is the larger of the 100 series diamond speakers. It was never reviewed as the smaller 121s but they sound better than any speaker I heard at the price. I use it with the d 3020 and they are a great match. After buying a pangea ac14se power code, biwiring the wharfedales and connecting through optical (using asus zonar soundcard), my system sounds better than other far more expensive setups I listen to at hifi stores. Buy a wharfedale 122.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts