Speaker recommendations

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"]I would also stop using any hifi shop who voiced such an extreme opinion over ANY hifi kit. I would suspect an agenda (better comission for example). It is very easy to persuade someone (especially if they are a little new to it all) that one piece of kit is 'better'. In the end it comes down to system balance, and wether or not the person buying it prefers the sound, NOT the opinion of some salesman who should know better than to try and persuade you to buy one piece of equipment over another. I auditioned my A80 and preferred it over other amps. Pure and simple. If you didn't like your A75 then fine, but to call it 'less than useless' is daft. A reviewer using such language would be immediately disregarded.[/quote]
Well i am not a professional reviewer and why shouldn't someone have a strong opinion about something? i have heard many amps and cd players.Some i liked ,some i didnt but i have never been quite so struck with how bad a particular product was, especially considering its price. No offence intended by saying it was useless,but to me and my friends thats the impression it left. As for having an agenda, I have known the guys in one shop for years and am v friendly with them and a friend is same with guys in another shop. I would like to think that we are a big too long in the tooth hi fi wise to be taken in by that. I also suspect they make comments to us that they would not ordinarily make to customers they do not know very well. As for the creek, i read a comment from clare newsome on this forum saying it was not the most exciting listen, suggesting it lacks some drive and attack. Whether that means generally or against similarly priced amps, i dont know.

A

Anonymous

Thanks bloney et al ..... since my last post, I've dug a little deeper and have gone for the 840A ..... I am so impressed by the clarity of the 540A so the 840A should impress also ..... thanks for the info re the MA RS8s - they're arriving tomorrow!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts