Speaker placement

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've had my speakers in the corners because of necessity for the last few years across a number of different speakers including Linn Index, Dali Ikon 6 and currently Kudos C2.

Anyhow last week, the room was being redecorated and before putting all of the furniture back I played with the speaker placement by bringing them out into the room. This sounded awful, completely lost the soundstage, the sweetspot, in fact everything. Quickly pushed them back where they belong.

Sounding great again now, especially as we now have all the furniture and new rug in.

To me this says, big speakers, small room, put in corners!

Joel, are your speakers rear or front ported (or sealed)?

Mine, on the other hand, are slightly away from the corner and about 12" away from the rear wall, spiked thru lush carpet. This takes out any real nasties out at extreme ends of the frequency range.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:
Joel, are your speakers rear or front ported (or sealed)?

Mine, on the other hand, are slightly away from the corner and about 12" away from the rear wall, spiked thru lush carpet. This takes out any real nasties out at extreme ends of the frequency range.

Bottom ported.

They are still 30cm away from the back walls, but I pulled them out a metre or so. Didn't work in my room.

On Victorian wooden floorboards, spiked. Few holes in the floor mind.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts