Question Speaker placement.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
I suppose I should know, but would appreciate confirmation, about speaker distances from rear walls.
Are measurements given, in reviews, etc., measured from the rear of the cabinet, or from the front, please?
My current Royd Doublets are 34 cm between the rear of the cabinets and the wall, and much more would mean that they begin obstruct the view of my tv screen.
I know it all depends on how I hear my speakers, but if I decide to replace them, some alternatives are recommended to be 50 cm, or more, away from the wall, which is unsuitable for my room. An alternative speaker which would be less of an issue is the Neat Iota Alpha, as they are low, so less of an obstruction.

D

Deleted member 108165

It's all a compromise, put them where they suit you the best.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
If you want the best from your speakers, they need to be positioned where they perform at their best. In my case (Kef R300), they perform at their best (to my ears) when around 2-3ft away from the rear wall.

nik70

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I suppose I should know, but would appreciate confirmation, about speaker distances from rear walls.
Are measurements given, in reviews, etc., measured from the rear of the cabinet, or from the front, please?
My current Royd Doublets are 34 cm between the rear of the cabinets and the wall, and much more would mean that they begin obstruct the view of my tv screen.
I know it all depends on how I hear my speakers, but if I decide to replace them, some alternatives are recommended to be 50 cm, or more, away from the wall, which is unsuitable for my room. An alternative speaker which would be less of an issue is the Neat Iota Alpha, as they are low, so less of an obstruction.

on the placement of the speakers you have to experiment (height from the floor), (rear spacing from the walls), (lateral spacing from the walls), (and central spacing of the room) positioning yourself in the center of the room and on the sides you should notice a full, solid musical stage, wide and powerful (stereophonic)

all the loudspeakers even if perfectly positioned could have a very good central musical stage, but the lateral one not up to scratch you have to find the right compromise (experiment) I have a marantz pm 6005 with the dali zensor 3 positioned very well in a 4x4 room = 16 sq m are fantastic

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts