Speaker Package with Onkyo 875 / Panasonic BD-50

burty39

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Despite my 605 only being 7 months old I cannot resist an upgrade to the 875 due to the cracking deals around at the moment. I am hoping to pair it with the new Pana BD-50 to replace my Toshiba EP35 ( does the BD-50 load discs quicker than the toshiba which took an age? ).

My speaker package is 10 years old and consists of, Miller Kreisel LCR 55 fronts and centre, mission 73s x 2 rear and 2 back, Yamaha sub YST-SW80 - all still performing ok with current kit.

Room is 15ft x 15ft and main use is DVD movies/Sky HD although some music.

My question is would I see much of an improvement by upgrading the speaker package to say the B&W MT30 or would I need to go to the next level, Dali Ikon6 - would this then be too much for the room size?

Any help much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Demo'd the B&W 684 surround system today (less the sub which was an mk sb8) and thought it was good, but then demo'd the rega r5 av package (same sub) and it sounded awesome for both music and movies (way more detail. might get fatiguing at loud volumes though, maybe thats just my ears), although the b&w set up was way more forgiving of the poorer cd's that we tried out. But the good ones sounded lush and the movies rocked. The blu ray clips were played through the panasonic BD-50 and the amp was an onkyo 805. Im assuming the 875 is even better for music? The cd player was the Rega Apollo.

I will be comparing the rega to the dali in a different store which should be interesting as this is also on my list for a similar sized room to yours. Would recommend giving the rega's a listen, they are clear as a bell.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I use my 875 with the Arcam Muso/Logo set up - not sure how great it is with music as i have a dedicated system for that but the reviews all said its good - but with movies it rocks - shakes the room a treat but remains crystal clear!!! Guess depends on whether you want large boxes or not.

A

Anonymous

I use my BD50 / 875 with Monitor RS6-AV's - sounds pretty good to me. I actually demoed with RS8's as fronts as well - but opted for RS6's as fronts due to room size.

burty39

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Been into Richer Sounds today and managed to get the Onkyo 905 for £789.95!

Gonna try it with the MKs and a new sub before I upgrade further.

They were pushing the MS Mezzo 9 sub. Anyone any experience of it as I am struggling to find a review?

A

Anonymous

I have a MA RS8 AV system and must say the sound on both music and blue ray is excellent. Pace, timing and detail etc.
They look pretty good as well which is important being floorstanders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts