Speaker matching to pioneer a-a6 pd-d6 mk2 combo.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering partnering my cd/amp combo with the kef q300's or the 500's, any advice on whether these speakers would compliment my system or any altrnative suggestions would be helpful.

bchisholm said:
I am considering partnering my cd/amp combo with the kef q300's or the 500's, any advice on whether these speakers would compliment my system or any altrnative suggestions would be helpful.

Hi bchisholm

What speakers, interconnects and speaker cables are you currently using with your electronics please?

How would you describe the performance of your current system?

What do you generally listen to?

The size of your room?

Is the room lightly or heavily furnished?

Room positioning of the new speakers (distance to walls, corners, will there be anything between the speakers such as a chimney breast, cabinet, windows etc.)?

Distance between the speakers?

Listening distance?

Will anything be in the way of the speakers?

Room floor is (concrete, carpeted, marble,wooden etc.)?

Your general listening level?

Do you use the bass/treble controls on the amp?

Is your preference for bookshelf or floorstanding speakers?

Your maximum budget is?

With new speakers what kind of presentation are you looking for the system to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, i'm not currently running my system through any speakers at the moment as i've only recently decided to upgrade from my b&w zepplin to a seperates system and move the zepplin to a smaller room to use as a secondary system. I am currently running my cd player (pioneer pd-d6 mk2) through my zepplin but only as a temporary solution until i find speakers to compliment my cd/amp combo. My preference would be floorstanders, however would consider standmounts. The speakers will be placed in a lightly furnished room roughly 11x17 ft with solid wooden floors and be roughly 1.5m apart with nothing in the way. Mostly i will be listening to rock/blues. I like a tight punchy bass with good clarity on the vocals. When whathifi reviewed the original mk1 version of my cd/amp they were concerned that although both fine individual components that when they were paired together they could sound a little bright and speaker partnering had to be carefully considered, not sure if this is still the case with the mk2 versions as they have never reviewed the updated versions. I hope this is enough info for you to suggest some recomendations, my max budget is £700.

Regards

B Chisholm

A

Anonymous

I've heard the Pioneer combo with the Monitor Audio BX5, QUAD 21 and 22L2, B&W 684 floorstanders & the B&W 685 and Monitor Audio RX1 & 2 standmount speakers and my favourites were the QUAL 22L2 floorstanders and both the standmount speakers

All these are well within your range; my advice though would be not to rule out very good standmount speakers such as the above until you've heard them. For me, standmount speakers in the right sized room can be as good, if not better than floorstanding speakers!

The QUAD 22L2 speakers are superb; a really good, full but honest soundstage with solid, punchy bass and a very well detailed midrange and treble

They look gorgeous too expecially in birdseye maple and piano black
smiley-cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts