Speaker Match for Cyrus 8vs2?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I'm going to demo a Cyrus 8vs2 and CD6SE. The dealer has suggested trying B&W 684s and Rega R5s - does anyone have any views or suggestions on speaker matches for this set up?

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Dynaudio and Spendor always go well with Cyrus imo. Of course, which model or standmount/floorstander will depend on buget and preferance.

There are some great deals on the discontinued Audience range of Dynaudios at the moment though, may be worth checking out. The 52SE standmount and 72SE (floorstander, which I own incidently) spring to mind.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
TheBadger:

Hi

I'm going to demo a Cyrus 8vs2 and CD6SE. The dealer has suggested trying B&W 684s and Rega R5s - does anyone have any views or suggestions on speaker matches for this set up?

Many thanks

Rega's match very nicely.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
After hearing the Rega 3's and 5's this weekend i would agree that the Rega 5's are amazing.

My GF as the Cyrus 8V2 set-up along with the 8CDP and XPower power amp and she has them partnered with the B&W CM7 speakers.

Very good sound, really suits the Cyrus gear down to a tee.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Dan and others for this - looking forward to plenty of testing!

A

Anonymous

The Rega R5s performed really well with a all-round warmth from the bass levels and without having to crank up the volume too far. Higher levels perhaps not as precise as the B&Ws, but I found the bass a little thin on the B&Ws unless the amp was working them harder. So have plumped for the Regas in the end.

Does anyone know if the Cyrus PS-X is worth it? I didn't demo it for fear of not being able to do without it once I'd heard it, but am curious!

Also re the CD8SE: Seemed to be a bit fussy about which CDs it would read and I found the front-loader a s little hit and miss. Is this just 'buggy' given it's recent release? Have gone for the CD8X which was great...

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
i thought you were going to test the cyrus cd6se, not the 8se. cd6se is 800 pounds but cyrus reckons it comfortably outperforms the cd8x and whathifi seem to agree emphatically. i've got the cd6se and have not really had any major problems using it, but i've not compared it with the cd8x.

i've partnered it with an 8vs2 amp and ma rs6 speakers. still not sure about the speakers (as i mentioned in an earleir post) but prepared to give it more time. if not happy in a few weeks i'll look at alternatives such as the rega r5s.

T

the record spot

Quadral Picos get an excellent write-up and are reduced from £850 to £650 - AVI Neutron's IV or V (depending on the latter's review) likewise. Two of the best small speakers out there.

Dynaudio 42 or 52's and Mission's new 79 series could be worth investigating.

A

Anonymous

Would give MA RS6's a go... I found the B&Ws less engaging.

A

Anonymous

Sorry - I was meant to be trying the CD6se but the dealer only had one and the laser mechanism was knackered - probably got a knock in transit or something.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts