Speaker interference

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just recently i've been getting mobile phone interference through my speakers. It's only started doing it over the last few days, and it's getting really annoying. I've checked/remade all my connections and no change. Surely i should'nt have to turn my phone off to watch a film. Any help would be greately recieved. Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

I have an Onkyo 606 amp, Sony 760 Blu-ray player, Sky+HD, Gale sub, MS 904 floorstanders, MS alumni 5 center, and a pair of Eltax bi-polar rears. i use Chord Carnival Silver Screen speaker cable, and a Tacima extension block. I also have my zone 2 running a pair of Q Accoustics 1010i's. My tv is an LG 42inch lcd (full 1080p). If if helps, i recently changed the wall mount bracket from a fixed with tilt to a Mountech cantilever one so my QED signature HDMI's aren't squashed up against the wall. Thanks

scene

For the record, what do you mean when you say "interference". Do you mean crackles, hisses and pops on the speakers? And is it your phone that's causing it? Does it go away when your phone is off?

camac

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem when working from home as i have an Onkyo CR 515 with Gale speakers in my home office.

When listening to music with my mobile on I would get intermittent interference through the speakers. I was convinced it was the 515 as just before the phone rang I would get a kind of crackle through the speakers . But i overcame it by placing my mobile as far from the 515 as i could , i.e. placed my phone at the opposite end of the room from the hi-fi unit about 14 feet away , now i dont get any interference.

Check that it is "your" phone causing it by placing it next to your amp and calling your mobile .

It is not an ideal solution but it works for me

A

Anonymous

After listening to the noise, when it happens i've found that the sound is coming from my subwoofer. I turned it off, and the noise has stopped. I wonder if it could be the power supply picking it up just before i get a call/text.

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I used to get this on my old KEF system, whenever my phone was near the sub, about 5 seconds before I recieved a message, the sub would give out like a rythmic clicking noise with intermittent buzzing in between until the message had downloaded. (And no, the sub wasn't texting me!) Very strange!

Happens in my wifes car through her car speakers if a phone is near the radio too!

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew

I've just started getting the same interference into the speakers on my TV - Its a Sony Wega good cables QED Squarts etc - I have a new neighbour & think they are possibly downloading a lot from their phone which is probably plugged in to the wall backing on to my TV - I know its not our phones as we have tested them by turning them off & it's still happening - Is there anything I can do?

Kind Regards

Mickey

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts