speaker impedance 8Ω

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, my kef 3005se speaker are 8 impedance should my onkyo 606 amp be set to the same as i have noticed that it was set to 4.
Also how do you change it to 8 as i can only get 4 and 6.thanks.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
So your aware, 4 is a HIGHER load than 6 which in turn is a HIGHER load than 8 (So 4ohm speakers are WAY harder to drive than 8 ohm ones)

As for the settings, im not really sure what it changes. If it drives them fine I wouldnt bother about it, but try at 6 ohm and see how it is at high volumes. Any trouble put it back to 4

A

Anonymous

simoncar:Hi, my kef 3005se speaker are 8 impedance should my onkyo 606 amp be set to the same as i have noticed that it was set to 4. Also how do you change it to 8 as i can only get 4 and 6.thanks.I would be careful running an amp at 4ohms into 8ohm speakers as this I believe can cause damage to either piece of equipment.

I am led to believe that it is ok the other way round i.e. *8 ohm amp to 4 ohm speakers , you defo need some expert guidance from someone who knows for sure.

The advice from AlienRick to run amp at 6ohms in the interm is best for the moment till clarification

There are other posts in the forum regarding running amps at lower ohm settings at the effect it has

Should be in the manual as to how to set amp to 8ohms

A

Anonymous

p 42 of your manual explains that you should use the 6 ohm setting for all speakers between 6 and 16 ohms so yes you should change to the 6 ohm setting

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much guys for advice,i find the manual quite confusing,have now changed amp to 6,thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts