Speaker for heavy music

Vincent Kars

This will do

Wall-1.jpg

rainsoothe

What should I look for in a speaker if my main genre is rock and metal?
forgiving high frequencies (since a lot of metal albums are badly recorded, so they can be too grating) and deep and tight bass. But they will be system dependant, so you need to take your source, amplification and room into account as well. The more info you provide, the more helpful the answers will be (starting with budget).

zivglb

Sep 24, 2022
Visit site
First of all thank you all for your comments! I really do appreciate it.
The size of my room is 5 x 4.3 (meters).
I am building my system from scratch so my budget for the whole system (receiver, subwoofer, center and 4 surround speakers) is around 4500$.
Let me know if there is any more information I can provide.
Thank you again!

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
What should I look for in a speaker if my main genre is rock and metal?
I always considered Cerwin Vega speakers to be the daddy of bass. Perhaps not truly accurate but who cares when the house shakes. They were bought out in 2020 but surely their heritage remains. JBL also are renowned for bass.

jjbomber

I always considered Cerwin Vega speakers to be the daddy of bass.
That's your answer in a nutshell. We can all tell you what is best for us, but YOU have to choose what is best for YOU. Choosing hi-fi is like choosing a haircut. We will all have different tastes and need to choose what is best for us, not what suits someone else.
One thing to listen out for is that Cerwin Vega have been through several changes in ownership and may no longer be your desired sound. Try and listen first if you can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts