Speaker Choice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all, this is my first post. So please be kind with me
emotion-2.gif

I have a Onkyo 605 amp and no speakers at the moment. I am looking at Wharfedale Evo2 speakers. these consist of :- Evo2-30 fronts, Evo2 - Centre, DFS rear and sw250 subwoofer. Does anybody think this will be any good? The room size is only 3x4 mitres.
I have seen these speakers for £750 is this a good price?
Thanks for reading this, and hope someone will help.

Peter

A

Anonymous

quad lights £599 at super fi bettter than all mentioned above! look nicer too
emotion-4.gif

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
I went for the 1010 package that has been suggested to combine with an Onkyo 605. They're on special at Superfi at the moment, although I think that's only for the beech/silver combination. Still, I think it a really good price for what you get and the sound is great. Also, my living is also 3x4m. Spooky.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. I've now seen them for £499. I like the rear speakers and floorstanding fronts. The Quad lites are all bookself the same as the 1010's. Does the Warfedale sound any worse than either of these? As I have seen that the sw250 subwoofer has had good reviews.
Sorry to ask so many questions but I don't know much about these setups.
Thanks Peter

A

Anonymous

Its all a matter taste and were all different! the wharfdales are good speakers and if you want floorstanders go for it! I purley mentiond the quads becouse they are a better quality speaker than the 1010's or the warfdales but floorstanders they are not! and the quad sub would wipe the floor with the wharf unit.

PS Wharfdale and quad are from the same group quad are the more upmarket product but saying that im not taking anything from wharfdale there great value for money

TRENDING THREADS