Speaker choice for Yamaha rx-v1900? Please help me!:-)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all!

I just bought the rx-v1900 and am looking to upgrade my front speakers as well! Need musical speakers since I'll be spending most of my time listening to music (but I am gonna want the surround for my movies, that's why I didn't go for a hi-fi setup). Have auditioned the B&W 683 vs. the Dali Ikon 6, but not on my Yamaha though. It hasn't arrived yet.. Liked the 683s better. Thought they had a lot more punch to them although the Ikon 6 had a more open and "airy" sound. But still thought that the 683s offered a more complete package.. And taken into consideration that surround amps often sound a little bright the 683 might be a good choice????

Anyway, the reason for this post is that I'm looking for anyone who has experience with pairing the rx-v 1900 (or any of it's siblings...) up with a nice set up stereo speakers! What brands go well with Yamaha? Are there any guidelines? Should add that my budget is limited to around £1000. Any suggestions?

It will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

David

A

Anonymous

There's no need to rush out and buy speakers just yet...I've had my RX-V1900 on order for seven and a half weeks so far and I've still got no definite ETA. There are plenty threads which reveal some of the deliver issue with Yamaha at the moment, and the RX-V1900 seems to be the one in the most constrained supply!

A

Anonymous

Hey Acciesboy!
Thanks for the quick reply!
emotion-1.gif
Sad to hear you've been waiting that long for it! Don't hope it'll happen in my case... Spoke to the dealer on Thursday on the phone, and he sounded pretty convinced that his store would receive 8 1900s on Tuesday..? Fingers crossed!
emotion-1.gif
Anyway, have you given any thought to which speakers you'll be getting?? Or do you already own a decent pair?
emotion-1.gif
Please tell me when you get yours!
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

So, you're just looking for a pair of front speakers? If this is to fit in with other speakers, then matching with them is probably more important than matching with the amp.

If you only plan for the two front speakers for the time being then the B&W 683s are certainly a good shout. You might also consider the Tannoy Revolution Signature DC4Ts or DC6Ts costing £800-£1000.

A

Anonymous

That's right. At the moment funds are not sufficient to upgrade the whole thing. But my old fronts are so worn out that it would make no sense to connect them to the 1900. I'm in desperate need for an upgrade!!
emotion-1.gif
But of course I will take into consideration that eventually the whole package will need to be upgraded.. Thanks for the reply! I'm already researching to find dealers that might offer a peak at the Tannoys! And great suggestion, too! That is really all I'm looking for! Someone who can help me narrowing down the immense field of speakers out there!! Thanks again! I really appreciate it!
emotion-1.gif

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts